“This place sucks.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 10, 2010

First, when we walked in no one was there to seat us, and then when someone did seat us, the table was a mess. Spilt drinks and food scraps. If took them ten minutes to come by and clean it, and when we ordered, they got my order wrong. I ordered seafood pasta, no fish or scallops, just shrimp. They gave me buttered noodles with shrimp that looked like it had been through a blender. THe pasta did not even have the tomatoes or mushrooms. After this, they said they would give me a 'discount' on something else. So I ordered a cheeseburger. It wasnt great, and wasnt bad. But my fellow table mates complained on their food being burnt, chewy, bland, and grosse to eat. I would not reccomd this place, but across the stree it a great place called "Dukes" and also "The burger shack". THese places have better food and prices! (Also, there is not 'ocean view'. You can see a little water, but it's not the ocean, it's man made harbor.)

Reviewed June 20, 2010

We recently had 4 days to discover Kaua’i (agreed, not long enough, but we’ll be back.) This was the only place we allowed ourselves 2 visits because of the great culmination of service, view, food quality, drink quality, and happy hour prices. Lihue has a lovely view from the lanai. The ahi poke & sashimi were fresh & tasty, but my husband could not get enough of the wings (like they don’t have wings on the mainland, but these were beautiful) The beer selection was a whole page; the wine list was impressive too. I enjoyed the happy hour mai tais – two put me beyond driving status. Order happy hour appetizers for amazing deals. $45 got 2 adults stuffed with delicious food & more-than-happy on alcohol.
I hope they stay successful so we can enjoy them more when we return. Mahalo!

Reviewed May 30, 2010

the first time i ate there the food was just so-so,
i waited awhile before i went back again just give it a fair try but this time i found two very different types of hair strands in my food......oh yuck!
!i'm never going back now.
this place is so overrated.

Reviewed May 29, 2010

Kalapaki Joes recently opened a new localion in Poipu in a residential area. Despite numerous pleas from surrounding residents they insisted on opening at this location. There are children and elderly people who (try to) go to sleep at an early hour. Other people just want peace and quiet in there own homes. Would you want a noisy sports bars next to your home? Nobody would! Yet the owers of Kalapaki Joes insisted on putting their bar next to our homes. THIS IS NOT OHANA SPRIT. Also their food is not that good. Please boycott this bar!

Reviewed April 11, 2010

I'll not try it again. I am a local here. The service was good, but the food was of poor quality everytime. The poke was not fresh. It tasted like frozen fish. The corned beef and cabbage was terribly dry and WAY over salty. (How can you mess up corned beef?)The salad was not even any good... So sad that here is this place to eat (limited on the island) and I was dissappoint not once, but TWICE!

1  Thank lvmyfood