“Kalapaki Joe's at Lihue”
Review of Kalapaki Joe's - CLOSED

Kalapaki Joe's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a great place if you want good strong drinks and appetizers at a cheap price. For happy hour, 3 to 6, we got good strong drinks. We got margaritas, mai tais, and mojitos for $5 a piece. They had fish tacos for $3 and I love fish tacos so we decided to try those and they were some of the best I've ever had. We were going to go somewhere else for dinner but just ended up ordering more tacos for our dinner. There was a very good crowd there for happy hour and our waitress was very friendly. Not the cleanest in the world but it wasn't so bad that it made us leave. We are here for 5 more weeks and we definitely will be going back for more drinks and fish tacos.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had the trio sliders, nachos and a couple of beers - service was ok food was ok beer was excellent. Good place to go if you are in the area and just want a snack to tide you over until dinner. - Parking was in a lot and you needed a validation from one of the retail shops or restaurant.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Horrible Service!!

It took a long time for the waitress to finally show up at our table, and it was down hill from there. It seems the bartender was also the waitress, and our table seemed to be at the bottom of her priority list. We had to ask for everything napkins, silver wear and water. It ended with us having to take the bill to the bar to pay for the meal. This was the first time in my life I did not leave a tip. And I usually leave 20%. This place is poorly managed, and the attitude from the staff is 'no one cares!' The food is average. The restaurant is filthy. There were fly's everywhere ( I am sure not in the kitchen ;-)

We stayed at the Marriott resort for a week and went to all the neighboring restaurants in the area. It was clear this was the worst restaurant we visited! I recommend any of the other restaurants in the immediate area, AVOID this Terrible place.

L.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Their happy hour appetizers are reasonably priced but their regular menu is just so-so. We had some happy hour shrimp that were very good. For dinner my husband had the ahi tacos and they were not seared but were cooked all the way through. Very sloppy to eat and very little taste. I had the combo coconut shrimp and white fish & chips. The coconut shrimp was very good but was overcooked just like the white fish. Very dry fish and greasy french fries served in a paper bag. I'd go back to the happy hour appetizers but not the regular meny.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place is definitely not fancy and doesn't try to be. It is convenient to the marriott and will likely have tables. So if you're that lazy, go for it. But lower your expectations. Service is below average and food was barely average. It does have plenty of tvs though.