My wife and I have stayed at the Garden Island Inn several times. A very Hawaiian hotel of the 60's, it is enough different to make it very special. The rooms are not large, resort style but are clean and very comfortable. What makes it so nice is the personnel,- they want to serve you just a bit more. Delightful snacks always available in the office. Maps, directions to attractions and just great 'locals' information from the staff. The Inn is close to the cruise ship dock, as well as small shops and several good restaurants right across the street. We have a timeshare at the Marriott on Kalapaki Bay just a block away, and we frequently stay at the Inn before or after to get the best airline rates. I would recommend Garden Island Inn to anyone, from newly-weds for an affordable honeymoon to seniors like us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI