Kauai can be an expensive place in terms of accomodation if you haven't booked anything in advance (mainly "vacational rental" as they call it).
So this is a small hotel, well located in Lihue, at a walking distance from a beach that will suit kids.
Staff is great, very helpfull and attentive, free use of small boogie boards or other "beach" equipment that you could need.
cons : curtains can't manage to keep the room dark, and wall are not that thick...so you could expect a bit of nois in case of a late or early shower from the room next door.
Stiil a very good deal for the area. Would recommand it, but just a making it your "night base" (i mean : don t think spending anything else than the night time..)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI