We found this place thanks to Lonely Planet and Trip Advisor. We stayed for four nights and did not regret our choice as we had been looking for a reasonable alternative to all the overpriced Kauai hotels. Obviously, this is not a five-star place and the interior is a little worn out. Nonetheless, the Inn has its own charm, our room was clean and tidy and the staff is lovely and helpful. The walls are a little thin though, and you might hear the main street nearby and the tiny waterfall in the back. We had our sleep anyway. The location close to the beautiful beach and the airport made it a nice choice especially for our short stay. We would come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI