Garden Island Inn Hotel
  • Beachfront
Motel Lani(Lihue)
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
All reviewsboogie boardsbeach towelsgranola barspumpkin piehand paintedsnorkel gearoffice doorgarden islandroad noisesmall hotelbeach itemscoffee makerwithin walking distanceclose to the airportabc storekalapaki bayneeded a place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Garden Island Inn is definitely our kind of place: small, family owned and friendly. The evening we arrived in Kauai there was a Tsunami warning and we weren't able get to the Inn until around 1:00 a.m. Though our arrival was so late, the staff had made arrangements to get us into our room once we arrived there. We immediately felt at home in the spotless, comfy room. The staff were just amazing - they were always so friendly and helpful the whole time we were there. The inn was decorated with murals and paintings done by a local artist which makes the inn super individual and colourful. The garden surroundings were so beautiful (we took many a picture) and extremely well kept. We can't wait to get back there!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 469Jen_S
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I must admit, I was a little hesitant to stay here but all fears were dismissed when we pulled into the Garden Island Inn after a long day of flying. It is colorful, fun and funky. We arrived the day after Christmas, so we were lucky to have the inn decorated with Christmas lights and decorations. Our room, 117, was on the 3rd floor, and had a nice view of the water across the street. Small "kitchenette" in room, with king bed, shower and balcony. Coffee was provided in the room, but in the lobby you can find assorted snacks throughout the day. The fresh juice in the morning was heavenly! There are chairs, boogie boards, towels, beach mats ... you name it, they have it for your day at the beach. No need to purchase any of those items while on your trip. I would suggest grabbing them earlier in the morning to ensure you have to use.

Everything about our 2 night stay at the Garden Island Inn was perfect. We had an early morning flight to Oahu, and the inn is conveniently located less than 5 minutes away from the airport. Made everything run so much smoother. There are restaurant and shops within walking distance and the harbor area across the street is fantastic to watch the sunrise.

We will be back! Forget booking with the high price resorts - this is the 'real' Kaua'i!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackpot82
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My sister and I traveled to Hawaii from Australia on holiday, and looking for affordable accommodation I found the Garden Island Inn. After a long flight we were greeted by a lovely happy smile and a beautiful Koi pond at reception! Our room was not ready so we were given a free upgrade! Everything we needed or had forgotten was supplied free of charge- snorkels, boogie boards, towels and even DVDs to watch. The hotel was always clean and it was lovely to have nice flowers everyday! The location could not be better, there are shops super close and a pleasant walk. Whenever we needed help we were given help, e.g directions to Kipu falls! We were also advised on which activities to enjoy, e.g tubing and cable gliding (so much fun!)
I cannot explain how much I enjoyed staying here but I must advise that if you are looking for clean, enjoyable, affordable and secure accommodation I believe this is truly the best, and even if I had enough money to stay elsewhere I still would choose here over a fancy hotel for it's homeliness and beauty that echoes Kauai's own traits.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Izzy R
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a great time staying at Garden Inn, we have rented a 2 bedroom condo through them, which was confortable and well equiped. The girl at the reception, Geremy, was very kind and helpful, we loved her!! My only complain was about the cleaning. We´ve stayed for 4 nights, and she said the cleaning would be each 2 days, but nobody showed up any of the 4 days. Besides that, everything was perfect! Kauai is amazing!!!

Room Tip: The 2nd room is smaller than the master one, should be aware of that. But still confortable.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed there for a couple of nights just before New Year's. Rooms are pretty, a lot of colors but not too much. Hotel staff is very friendly, beds .... so confortable.
The garden is impressive and I loved the lights (christmas decoration).
Yes, the road is near the hotel but honestly, I don't remember any noise during the night.
Decent price, nice location.
We really enjoyed our stay and if we have to go back on Kauaii, this is the place where we want to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple