My brother and I stumbled upon the Garden Inn as we were aimlessly driving south-east to get away from the rain after a long, wet, multiday hike on the Napali coast!! I walked in to check the rates and asked to see a room (you just never know). We were so pleasantly surprised with the sweet and cheery rooms. Everything we needed to dry out and get a few comfortable night's of rest. I normally prefer to stay in 4+ star hotels (when I'm not camping), but that's because most motels and cheap hotels do not have the charm and comfort of this little place. Total score. The beds were perfect and comfortable (and there were 2 beds which is great if you're sharing with your brother!). Really loved the little balcony overlooking the gardens below. The office staff were incredibly nice and so were the housekeeping staff! One of the nice ladies even let us throw our absolutely-soaked-to-the-core rain jackets in the dryer:) The office had free movies and pocorn, and coffee, fresh juice and granola bars in the mornings. Just really nice little touches that add up to a great little place to stay. Great location to walk around too, good shopping and eats nearby, and a little surf beach. I stayed last year, and have such fond memories, I'm definately staying here again. Thanks for saving me from a boring hotel room and having the best value around:) Seriously, stay here if you want something a little different with a lotta good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI