“Not only healthy for the body but also for the mind.”

Marjorie's Kauai Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Lawai B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

First of all, I would like to say a big mahalo to Mike.

The location: Mike's location is great if you want to be close to Poipu and at the same time really private and peaceful. It has a nice pull and a grill next to it,so just in case you feel like BBQ it's all ready for you. I love the deck, each room has one. The rooms are clean and pretty much have everything you need.

The breakfast: LOVE IT. Mike is doing a great job in making a healthy tasty breakfast that is a great start for your day. No matter what you are going to pick you won't feel guilty because it is all healthy and your body will be thankful.

In addition, Mike has available a lot if beach accessories such as: boogie boards, fins, etc. And if you are looking for a great conversation, Mike is the guy.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Neajra

Reviewed June 2, 2013

A lovely setting, overlooking a beautiful valley and an on-site salt water pool. The hosts, Alexis and Michael make you feel more than welcome, taking interest in what you've seen and drawing your attention to activities and sights which might be of interest to you. Their continental breakfasts are superb, offering more than normally expected - wow! Our room the "Trade Winds" was roomy and bright with a lovely lanai overlooking the pool and valley. The room included a coffee maker, coffee, sink, microwave, small fridge, dishes and cutlery. The bathroom included a tub/shower. Daily maid service was provided. Beach towels and chairs are provided. Removed from the hustle and bustle, yet close driving distances to shopping, restaurants and the Poipu beach area. A lovely home away from home, that we were very sad to leave.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at Marjorie's. Alexis and Mike were always available to help us plan our day and activities. They took care of dinner and activity reservations so all we had to do was show up.

The view from our room to the valley and mountains was outstanding. Our room also overlooked the very inviting pool. Unfortunately we were on the go everyday so we only got the chance to swim in the pool one afternoon. It was very refreshing. I loved the healthy breakfasts with whole wheat banana bread, fresh fruit and yogurt, and fruit juices and smoothies with fresh ginger. My husband did not share my opinion about the breakfasts but, he usually does not eat breakfast.

I would definitely recommend this inn and would stay there again if we get a chance to return to Kauai.

Room Tip: We had the smallest room at the Inn although it was totally adequate for our needs. It had a large...
1  Thank 123Traveler2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Marjorie's Inn was a wonderful and fantastic accommodation on our honeymoon. Alexis was super nice and helpful. Our apartment with private terrace and hot tub was a dream. Thanks again for the recommendation with the helicopter tour (Jack Harter, small helicopter with no doors!). We will never forget our stay at Majorie's Inn with Alexis and Mike and always like to think of it back. We will definitely come back. Mahalo! Markus

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Marjorie's for two nights during our trip to Kauai. The owners, Alexis and Mike, were there during our stay, and staying with them was like staying with family. They were always warm and inviting. They had fantastic spreads for breakfast every morning, and even offered to put together a sandwich lunch for one of our hiking trips. We borrowed their movies and surfboard. The place has a great view and the rooms are clean and well-kept. My only complaint is that the walls are thin, so I could hear my neighbors moving around, but it wasn't excessive. Given that everyone staying there was another couple like us, however, it wasn't a problem. Overall, a great experience and we would definitely go back.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had a great 6 night stay at Marjorie's Inn. It's a much better value than the price may suggest as all beach gear, laundry and an outstanding breakfast are all included. The setting is quite serene and centrally located. We had a few issues with the hot tub, but it was my fault for not mentioning it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Kauai in May 2013. 5 years ago we stayed in Maui for a week. We went on to Oahu after our time here. Kauai and this Inn is where we want to come back to. My body just relaxed when I sat on the deck and looked out at the scenery. Kauai is not that big of an island. Although a native of the island may say that driving 10 miles to go somewhere is too far, we found Marjories to be near anywhere and far enough away to be quiet-----except for the roosters. Think of them as songbirds with really bad voices. They woke me up the first night, but you learn to tune them out. They are part of the charm of the island and I actually missed them on Oahu. But back to the basics. The hosts were friendly, the beds were comfy, the food was excellent. I have stayed at many B&B's on the mainland and in Europe. This place is what I hope all of my future stays can be like.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawai
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Makai Club Resort
#1 of 1 in Princeville
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Koloa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to Marjorie's Kauai Inn? Share your experiences!