“Fantastic place for our honeymoon”

Marjorie's Kauai Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Lawai B&B and Inns
Ganderkesee, Germany
“Fantastic place for our honeymoon”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Marjorie's Inn was a wonderful and fantastic accommodation on our honeymoon. Alexis was super nice and helpful. Our apartment with private terrace and hot tub was a dream. Thanks again for the recommendation with the helicopter tour (Jack Harter, small helicopter with no doors!). We will never forget our stay at Majorie's Inn with Alexis and Mike and always like to think of it back. We will definitely come back. Mahalo! Markus

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Marjorie's for two nights during our trip to Kauai. The owners, Alexis and Mike, were there during our stay, and staying with them was like staying with family. They were always warm and inviting. They had fantastic spreads for breakfast every morning, and even offered to put together a sandwich lunch for one of our hiking trips. We borrowed their movies and surfboard. The place has a great view and the rooms are clean and well-kept. My only complaint is that the walls are thin, so I could hear my neighbors moving around, but it wasn't excessive. Given that everyone staying there was another couple like us, however, it wasn't a problem. Overall, a great experience and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had a great 6 night stay at Marjorie's Inn. It's a much better value than the price may suggest as all beach gear, laundry and an outstanding breakfast are all included. The setting is quite serene and centrally located. We had a few issues with the hot tub, but it was my fault for not mentioning it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richfield, Ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Kauai in May 2013. 5 years ago we stayed in Maui for a week. We went on to Oahu after our time here. Kauai and this Inn is where we want to come back to. My body just relaxed when I sat on the deck and looked out at the scenery. Kauai is not that big of an island. Although a native of the island may say that driving 10 miles to go somewhere is too far, we found Marjories to be near anywhere and far enough away to be quiet-----except for the roosters. Think of them as songbirds with really bad voices. They woke me up the first night, but you learn to tune them out. They are part of the charm of the island and I actually missed them on Oahu. But back to the basics. The hosts were friendly, the beds were comfy, the food was excellent. I have stayed at many B&B's on the mainland and in Europe. This place is what I hope all of my future stays can be like.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I took a week vacation and stayed here at Marjorie's Inn. We arrived in the afternoon and have to admit that when we first got there were actually weren't sure about the place. I really seemed like someone's home. Fred and Veronica met us in the driveway with smiling faces and showed us around the property. We stayed in the Valley View room and it was unbelievable. As soon as we walked in (from our private entrance) our eyes were immediately drawn to the view from our private lani (which all rooms have). Our room was so cute and cozy and the bed was so very comfortable. We sat in the jacuzzi every night with a glass of wine/beer listening to the sounds of nature watching the sunset. Couldn't get any better... until the breakfast. This was my first time in hawaii and the food is not that great! Aside from the few delicious meals we had breakfast was by far our favorite. Fred and Veronica would set up everything fresh in the morning by 730. We had a whole selection of fresh fruit, pastries, yogurts, homemade granola from the island and an assortment of delicious French cheeses. If that weren't enough, Fred and Veronica would make fresh homemade juice and one special main, such as crepes,french apple tatin, and quiche.Between the hospitality and Marjorie's Inn everything was wonderful and we didn't want to leave. If we ever find our way back to Kauai, Marjorie's Inn will definitely be the place we stay!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with either room. All three rooms have a spectacular view with own lani. Sunset r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlexandraN222
Placitas
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Mike and Alexis have a very nice home on a hillside in the Lawai Valley. Breakfast is a real treat and the price is right. Although it is several miles to the nearest beach they supply everything you need for a day's outing from their well-stocked garage. It was truly a home away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Marjorie's Kauai Inn is one of the nicest bed and breakfast inns we're ever stayed in! Alexis and Mike have a beautiful place and the view from the bedroom porch is spectacular! We saw a rainbow right there in the valley 2 mornings we were there! The breakfast was fantastic and we had lots of good advise as to what to do and enjoyed Alexis and Mike very much! I strongly recommend staying there! Oh, and the beds were soft and very comfortable :)

Room Tip: All the rooms had porches, so I think it wouldn't matter a lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maryhadalamb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawai
Garden Island Inn
#1 of 11 in Lihue
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to Marjorie's Kauai Inn? Share your experiences!