My wife and I spent three nights in the Valley View room and have only praise for both the inn and inn keepers. We had the unusual pleasure of meeting both sets of hosts; Mike and Alexis checked us in and we received a bounty of great advice from them. Unfortunately, we only met Michael and Daniela the last morning of our stay, but they were engaging and a delight to talk with and surely would have provided us with outstanding advice for our stay had we met earlier.
The Inn peeks from the trees on the sunset facing valley slope, and is a sublime hideaway. There is definitely a sense of idyllic seclusion from the property. The rooster calls across the lowlands, and bird songs (with the occasional gecko squawk) were really the only sounds we heard. We kept so busy enjoying the many gorgeous sites of Kauai; there was little chance to enjoy the Inn’s amenities. The pool looked perfect for morning laps, and the hot-tub an excellent place for dusk soaks. Our room was spacious and comfortable, and the Inn provides an eclectic selection of outdoor toys for your enjoyment; from bicycles to snorkel gear, lawn chairs and boogie boards.
Breakfast was of the continental variety, with a few additional local items. I tend to eat larger breakfasts before active days, so I might recommend the Inn’s breakfast as a prelude to a larger meal, should you be planning hikes or a day of physical exertion. That is definitely not a critique of the breakfast selection; the selection would be more than enough to fuel an afternoon of site seeing.
This is a great choice in a truly beautiful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marjorie's has a 50' salt water pool overlooking the beautiful Lawai valley. There are 2 hot tubs for our guests to use. We want all of our guests to feel at home so we provide boogie boards, fins and snorkel equipment, bikes, a kayak, a large bbq by the pool, and a surf board. Our guests can use the washer/dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Marjorie's Kauai Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marjorie`s Kauai Hotel Lawai
- Marjorie's Kauai Inn Lawai