“Don't waste your time- dont go out of your way.”

hawaii trading post
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Lawai
Minneapolis, Minnesota
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time- dont go out of your way.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Drove to the TC per a recommendation. Disappointed when we got there. Nothing new that you can't find at any other shops on the island.

Don't go out of the way for this place.

Blanco, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hawaiian Trading Post”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The staff really kmows pearls. A great place to educate yourself. A very ethical and honest place to do business.Great prices, Lots of gift items.We go back year after year.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top Notch Jewelry at the BEST prices on the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been coming to Kaui, Hawaii for the last 4 years. I make it a point to always stop in to see any new designs because I have found the MOST FABULOUS custom designed jewelry each year there is always something new and SO AFFORDABLE!. This is a Privately Owned VERY CLEAN store. The Owners are so kind to everyone. I had a few stones replaced on a ring I got a few years ago and they shipped it straight to me. If you need a little gift for anyone, stop in next door to the Jewelry store they have anything you could want and at very good prices! Thank Lizzy and Don for you wonderful customer service! See you next year!
Michelle...from Dallas

2 Thank DallasMichelle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Black pearls!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I came into Hawaiian Trading Post looking for a Tahitian black pearl. Although I did not have much knowledge on them. I heard from word of mouth that this was the place to go. When I came in I realized that there selection was very impressive. I found their sales people extremely informative and they educated me on the pearls giving me a detailed understanding about them. I could tell their prices were reasonable, but I didn't realize how good at the time. I was happy with my purchase, but I was even happier when I saw competitors prices later in my trip. There is price ranges for everyone. When on Kauai it's imparative to check this place out! Plus you can take pictures on a fake wave and tell everyone back home u went
surfing ;)

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Jzzzzz
Parsons, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“More than a store”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Take time to walk around the grounds. The attention to detail is astounding in the koi pond, the picnic tables, and the variety of flora. The owner of this shop is friendly and (if you happen to meet him) will show you his amazing collection of restored cars. This is a real hidden gem. The prices may be a bit more for aloha wear but the quality is far better than you will find at the fairs or chain outlets. Take time to view the hand made Ni'ihau shell jewelry. Truly a beautiful art form. The people are helpful but not pushy, and the prices for jewelry (genuine stones and pearls) are unbelievably affordable. A real success story for a local merchant. I got the feeling that he is doing it for himself, and just allows tourists to share his little paradise. Highly recommended! (With some unexpected photo ops around the property too)

Visited June 2013