“NICE RIDE FOR THE BEGINNER” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 24 Outdoor Activities in Koloa
Racine, WI
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“NICE RIDE FOR THE BEGINNER”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

Took the CJM Stables trail ride to the secret beach. CJ Wayne was the trail boss - quite a character. One has to get past his gruff exterior. He really is just trying to keep everyone safe on what are arguably very skittish creatures. I got the feeing he'd been burned by folks not paying attention in the past, and has no plans to make that mistake again. The herd is all well-trained and well-behaved. Lunch at the beach was great. The only disappointment was that the ads say you can swim at the secret beach, but you can't. The surf is so rough that only a fool would enter.

1 Thank NeilCzarnecki

Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“An amazing experience, a must-see on your honeymoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

We found this by searching horseback riding in Kauai on google. Our travel agent was unaware of it and Classic Vacations couldn’t figure out how to book it. We are really glad we went with this stable ride. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt Kauai, and its right next door down the same road.

The stable grounds themselves, before we left the front porch of the office, were breath taking. The staff was friendly and personable and accommodated our needs for two horses for beginner riders like ourselves. They gave me Rita and my husband Mana.

We went for the Secret Beach Picnic Ride. We were accompanied by several guides along with their dogs. Going out was the ‘mountain’ side of the trail. We saw amazing views of the ‘Jurassic Park’ type mountains Kauai has to offer. The secluded terrain we saw was incredible. We reached the secret beach, which was absolutely breath taking. Our guides suggested we take our pictures and take a look around while they prepared our picnic sandwiches. After lunch we took the ‘ocean’ side trail. The views were phenomenal. We actually crossed over a beach and into the water with the horses, so we did the cliché honeymoon activity of ‘horseback riding on the beach!’ Heading back my horse definitely took his time as the staff joked with me, “Hows old Rita doing?”

The CJM Stable rides are as must for any honeymoon couple looking for the perfect way to take in the beautiful Kauai terrain. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially to us one-time riders. I would highly recommend this tour, especially if you’re staying on the southern part of Kauai.

Cincinnati, Ohio
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing, CJ was the best guide ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

My daughters and I took the 2 hour beach tour. It was so beautiful, words can't really describe it. Our guide, CJ, was quite a character. He was a cross between Morgan Freeman and an army sergeant. He was loud, funny, and stayed on top of us all. Safety was his priority. He gave marital advice to the newlyweds, advice to the kids on how to do well in school, and advice to me on where my kids should go to college. He gave each of us nicknames, which changed throughout the trip. He was a hoot, and he really kept us entertained. I can't imagine what the trip would have been like without him. The scenery was unbelievable, and CJ took pictures of all of us. We loved this activity. We will never forget CJ, either.

3 Thank Greenmemonica
Las Vegas, Nevada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Horseback Riding Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

My husband and I went horseback riding with CJM Stables June 2010. We have both been on several horseback riding experiences prior to this and this has been our favorite! The staff was super friendly and knowledgeable and the horses we rode were fantastic (Duncan and Precious). The best part - the FANTASTIC OCEAN VIEWS!!! We even got to ride the horses on the beach and through the very shallow waters. We were even allowed to feed our horses an apple each that we brought with us. 2 suggestions for CJM Stables: provide food/treats that visitors can purchase to feed the horses and provide souvenirs to purchase. Both would help bring in even more profits! Mahalo!

1 Thank SpinnerDolphin78
San Francisco, CA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great Time but Sore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

My husband, 13 yo daughter, & I had a great time here. Staff was friendly. Only bad comment was that the person who placed the saddle for my horse didn't tighten the straps and didn't adjust the part where you put your foot in on the saddle so it was too low. This could have been very dangerous as I noticed I seemed to be tilting slightly to one side and whenever the horse galloped it really hurt by bottom. I'm still sore after almost a week. I asked the guide to adjust it half way into the tour and it made a big difference. There was also one point when we were galloping on the beach and my horse decided to sprint while I had my camera in my hand. I really had to hold on for dear life for a few seconds which seemed a bit longer during the time. Otherwise, we had a pretty good time as the areas we went to was breath taking. Use sun block.

1 Thank nyan777