“Great location, great ride!”

CJM Country Stables
Ranked #5 of 24 Outdoor Activities in Koloa
Torrance
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great location, great ride!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our two teenage daughters took a horse ride w/ CJM during our Kauai vacation. Friendly staff booking the adventure over the phone, great friendly ride along instructors. The 2 hour ride was mostly on the shoreline, great photos, great way to spend an afternoon. Very nice folks!

2 Thank KDC1

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“John Wayne is the BEST”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We chose CJM because it had pretty good reviews and was close to where we were staying in Poipu. I was a little nervous as I saw 12 riders check in then I realized they were splitting us up into 2 groups of 6 riders plus a guide each. They provide saddle pouches for your camera so you dont have to worry about where to put those. John Wayne was our guide and right from the beginning I knew we were in for a great time. He has personality and knows his ponies; he breaks wild horses. I had taken a few English lessons as a kid, and my hubby had never been on a horse. John Wayne kept everyone safe and in line, and gave us appreciation for the beautiful landscapes we toured. We both agreed the trip wouldn't have been as special had John Wayne not been our tour guide. Highly recommend you request him if you appreciate straight shooters! A heads up you'll have to be quick with photo's. On what to wear, you can wear shorts but we were glad we went with jeans since you'll probably brush up against some sticker bushes at some point. Nothing to worry about, but happy to have jeans on. Gym shoes are fine, but they have some boots too if you really want them. Don't forget sunscreen, I wish I had worn a a shirt with sleeves versus a tank.

1 Thank irishchick_13
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“John Wayne is the man!!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This tour wouldn't have been as exciting without John Wayne as or guide. I was a first time rider and it was a breeze thanks to some good coaching. Thanks for a great ride!

San Bruno, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“outstanding bang for the buck”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Booked this experience off of a recommendation of a couple we met at the condo werentedat Poipu Sands, Kauai. One of the best excursion trips we have done.

Jim and his cowboy staff were terrific. They took the time to show u how to ride ur horse. The video at the beginning is cute too but the personnel attention was definitely refreshing.

After helping our group of 6 mount our horses we were given a quick hands on demonstration of what to and not to do. Then it was off to the trails. Over the next 2 or so hours we rode down to a beach,past a cave where pirates of the carribean was filmed, up to the top of a mountain with breathtaking views of the beach then down the mountain through some old cane fields.

We then proceeded back to ranch. Our guide, Bronson was terrific. He stopped several times to take pictures and to tell us the history of what we were seeing.

I would highly recommend the CJM Stables on kauaifor anyone who wants to go horseback riding.

Dave D.
San Bruno, CA

Buffalo Grove, Illinois
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“CJM Stables”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We make a tradition of riding at this stable every Christmas vacation. The rides are relaxing and beautiful, and the guides are knowledgeable and safety-conscious. They are pretty good about pairing riders with horses, too. Our favorite ride is the one down to the beach. I highly recommend this stable.

Visited December 2012