“Perspective from a 12 yr old - Very Friendly, Horses are great, Beautiful ocean views!”

CJM Country Stables
Ranked #4 of 26 Outdoor Activities in Koloa
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We found these stables in a Kauai island guide. Overall they had great service, great horses,and were very friendly! Some of the horses are slower and unless you can keep them going they seem to fall way behind the pack. Our guide didn't seem to look behind him and check for any of these slower horses. We would then have to stop while he ran back to get them. Other than that the horses were all very well behaved and cared for. Fyi...they provided jackets, boots, saddle bags and helmets if you don't bring yours.

We ran a little late due to GPS problems. The staff were nice and waited for us to get there before they started. There was hardly any waiting around once we were on our horses. They sent us out in three groups making it a lot less crowded. there were about 7 people per group including the guide.

This ride is solely a walk ride with a very beatiful scenic view! If you are a more advanced rider and would like to be able to trot or canter I would reccomend going elsewhere. There are a few times where you will get to go through a small stream of water. you also get to walk on the beach for a short amount of time. There are many oppurtunities to get pictures in front of the many different scenic views.

Overall it was a great experience and I would reccomend CJM Stables!

There are newer reviews for CJM Country Stables

Reviewed March 17, 2012

My wife and I were on Kauai and decided to horseback ride. We chose the CJM Country Stables near Poipu. The ranch isn't too far from Lihue, the main city and is an easy, lovely drive. We went through an incredible canopy of eucalyptus trees on the drive to the stables.

We chose the 3.5 hour Picnic Ride that included a simple lunch of sandwiches, chips, fruit and fruit-drinks. The ride was beautiful. I had Buckles, a great horse. The Stable also provides cowboy boots if you want to change shoes.

A group of 5, the guide led us along the beach, through trails cut through ironwood trees along bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean and more beach. Bring field glasses and camera as there are plenty of birds and scenic views. This is a high quality, enjoyable ride and the guides are very professional.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We had family that went on this, they said it was good. the horses was good the ride was good.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

My friends and I stayed in PoiPu and tried to walk to a "secret beach" that's past the Grand Hyatt. We found some beautiful spots, but, always had to turn back because of time restraints. On my last day I decided to ride with CJM and they were wonderful. I ran a little late because of traffic and they were very patient. My horse was sure footed and a good sport about both leading and being passed. The guide explained the history of the area where we travelled, including past a Smithsonian archeology site, native plant nursery, future gravel quarry, and then the "secret beach" . All of Kauai is beautiful, and this area is no exception.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We had two families with kids ranging from 9-12. My youngest daughter decided after she had mounted her horse, that she did not want to ride and she started throwing a fit. CJ told me that if she didn't want to go that there is no reason to force her to go. I thanked him and said that she does this a lot and if we just start going, she will be fine.

That was all he needed to hear. He took her under his wing and made sure that she had a blast. She was smiling and yelling Aloha in no time! I am sure all of the guides are awesome, but if you can request CJ, I think you will be thankful. He is a little unorthoxed and he likes to yell and get everyone excited, but he makes sure that everyone has a wonderful time. He will take your camera and move up and down the trail to get some beautiful pictures of the group in front of incredible views.

The horses were great and obeyed our commands and CJ coached us throughout the ride to make sure we were riding correctly. Book it...you won't regret it.

1  Thank TravelinTX_Family