“Great views, nice horses.”

CJM Country Stables
Ranked #4 of 24 Outdoor Activities in Koloa
Columbus, Ohio
“Great views, nice horses.”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My friends and I stayed in PoiPu and tried to walk to a "secret beach" that's past the Grand Hyatt. We found some beautiful spots, but, always had to turn back because of time restraints. On my last day I decided to ride with CJM and they were wonderful. I ran a little late because of traffic and they were very patient. My horse was sure footed and a good sport about both leading and being passed. The guide explained the history of the area where we travelled, including past a Smithsonian archeology site, native plant nursery, future gravel quarry, and then the "secret beach" . All of Kauai is beautiful, and this area is no exception.

Visited February 2012

Fort Worth, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a Great Experience and CJ Rocks!”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We had two families with kids ranging from 9-12. My youngest daughter decided after she had mounted her horse, that she did not want to ride and she started throwing a fit. CJ told me that if she didn't want to go that there is no reason to force her to go. I thanked him and said that she does this a lot and if we just start going, she will be fine.

That was all he needed to hear. He took her under his wing and made sure that she had a blast. She was smiling and yelling Aloha in no time! I am sure all of the guides are awesome, but if you can request CJ, I think you will be thankful. He is a little unorthoxed and he likes to yell and get everyone excited, but he makes sure that everyone has a wonderful time. He will take your camera and move up and down the trail to get some beautiful pictures of the group in front of incredible views.

The horses were great and obeyed our commands and CJ coached us throughout the ride to make sure we were riding correctly. Book it...you won't regret it.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank TravelinTX_Family
San Antonio, TX
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great way to see the area.”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We had booked thru NCL as a day excursion. My wife and I had not been on a horse for many years. Not thinking I forgot about climbing on the horse requires you to be limber. I was glad that they have a platform for you to climb on. The horses know the trail and love to snack on the grass. The views are beautiful so be sure to bring a camera.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank jeep146
Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My neice spent 2 weeks with my husband and I and she and I spent an afternoon with CJM. Wow, what a ride! We both were experienced riders and booked a private ride for the two of us. Our guide was a local and there were no holds barred! We rode like the wind! But, we also got lots of history, views to die for and a great swim in a waterfall followed by a hot lunch. It was a day neither one of us will soon forget. I highly recommend this.

Visited February 2011
2 Thank mikedebotr
Victoria, BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Well trained horses, fantastic scenery, great guide”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We just got back from Kauai. My only experience with horses was when I was six, and was bucked off a horse while with my grandpa on a tour (in Hawaii actually). Needless to say, I've been scared of riding since then. However, my husband really wanted to go so I agreed to try it out.

I'm so glad I did. It was truly one of the highlights of the trip for me. Our guide was CJ, and he was a real cowboy, from New Mexico, complete with the full cowboy clothes, and gruff exterior. He was hilarious (kept calling my "Canadian cowgirl"), and his main priority was safety. He had an eye on all 4 of us the entire time, and would shout out suggestions (or commands! :) ) to keep ourselves and the horses safe.

You can't beat the scenery - we saw where the latest Pirates movie was filmed and the beach and trail was just stunning. CJ would get us set up in certain places and then come and grab our cameras and take our pictures for us. Very helpful because I was concentrating all my energy on my horse (her name was Primo and she was fantastic). I would definitely return and recommend it to anyone who wants to see some amazing scenery and learn a bit about horses. If you haven't ever been on a horse and want to try it out, this is the tour for you!

Visited October 2011