“Safety first - fun second. Once I felt safe, it was a blast.”
Review of Seasport Divers

Seasport Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Seasport Divers got its start back in 1986. A lot has changed since then, but one thing’s always stayed the same -- our passion for scuba diving. In the years that we’ve been here, we’ve grown to be the biggest dive shop on the island. You can rent everything you need to explore the ocean: snorkels, diving tanks, and even beach chairs and boogie boards. We also sell all the spearfishing gear you might need. Our crew can also take you out on a diving excursion to experience some of the best views in Hawaii. On the scuba visit to Ni'ihau, you even get to embark on some of the most pristine and dramatic diving in the area.
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I completed the e-learning thru PADI when we first got to Kauai. Then, with some trepidation, signed up at Seasport Divers for the rest of the certification. We would highly recommend our instructor, Chip, to everyone - but especially for those needing extra patience and thoroughness. After 4 open water dives - 2 from the boat - we can hardly wait to go again. The Sheraton Caverns were so incredible that my anxiety sort of melted away. Everyone at Seasport is very professional and fun, but Chip is exceptional. Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great job"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed January 30, 2011

Matt, Karl & I had wonderful dives last week. I appreciate the outstanding service from Capt'n Zac & Andy on the boats to Kristen, Dave and Christy in the shop. My mask off to Anthony Kuntz, whose probably the best instructor/dm, I've had the privledge to dive with. He's attentive to the diver needs and was responsible for helping us put everything together for the week. I'm looking forward to coming back and visiting the same shop this summer.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Our group did three dives with SeaSport Divers off the port of Poipou on the island of Kauai, Hawaii. Two day time dives and one at night. We got to swim with amazingly graceful sea turtles and 100's of species of colorful fish. We dove through the Sheraton Caverns site which is a complex set of coral reef to swim in, around, under, and through. It was really fun without being frightening. One big plus for SeaSport is that their dive boat is harbored only a mile or so from this amazing dive site. Other companies need to come some 8 miles to get to the same site.

High praise for dive-masters Andres, and James for their confident and skillful leadership on our dives. Thanks guys!

Totally professional and helpful, I felt very comfortable diving with our dive-masters from Seasport Divers. I highly recommend them if you're on Kauai.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

These guys do a fantastic job. Great DM's like Sabine, Ryan, Anthony, and James make it a great experience. The shop staff are great as well. Good prices for great dives. From the moment you step into the shop to getting back off the boat you are treated great and there is no bs tourist stuff involved. They discuss dive locations and figure out what works best for the conditions and skills of the folks on board. No concerns with these guys at all - go for it!

1  Thank mmpmap
See more reviews
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My wife and I visited the islands for a wedding. While here, I decided to get my Advanced Open Water Certification. We searched online and found this place, and I'm glad that we decided to go here. I thought the shop was well run and everyone was friendly. I had one-on-one instruction. My instructor, Dave, was focused on giving me a good course. He was friendly and easy to get along with, but he also went out of his way while we were on a group dive (boat) to make sure that nothing interfered with the class and that we had a good experience. My wife came along to spend the day in classes with me and to watch me dive. Dave made sure that she was also comfortable and brought water for her and gave her a flashlight for my night dive. I would definitely recommend this shop and the friendly staff.

2  Thank tkhaugen