“Why in the world did I wait so long?”
Review of Seasport Divers

Seasport Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5-Star Dive Center providing guided dive charters off of Kauai and Ni'ihau. SCUBA certifications. Introductory SCUBA lessons daily. SCUBA & snorkel gear rental and sales. Only dive operator with two store locations on island.
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I did a "discover dive" (with instructor, limited depth) years ago in Australia and loved it. I've been to Kauai over a dozen times and have always thought about getting certified, but for lots of reasons never took the plunge.

On my most recent trip I made the time to get my open water certification. I selected Seasport Divers in part due to the other positive comments on TripAdvisor and comments I've heard from other travelers I met during my trips to Kauai.

My dive instructor was Marc, and he did an awesome job! The course work can feel heavy - the PADI manual is 250 pages, "light" vacation reading - and Marc did a great job answering questions and providing additional tips as we went through that part of the course. Once we started with the contained water skills work, he checked in with me constantly and was patient throughout. This helped me feel more comfortable, especially as there were a few skills that took a couple of shots to nail. I also felt completely safe with him during the contained water work and the two boat dives to complete my certification.

Seasport Divers is a big operation, and I was around the shop for several days so I interacted casually with a number of people. Everyone I met was super helpful and encouraging.

I look forward to diving with Seasport Divers on future trips to the Garden Isle!

Reviewed September 17, 2010

My husband and I have been diving with Seasport for about 10 years, we come to Kauai almost every year. These guys are the BEST! We have been diving around the world and feel qualified to judge! Their customer service, their concern for safe diving and caring for the underwater environment keep us coming back. Their boats and gear are clean and well maintained. We have had our gear repaired on the boat and in the shop, to our satisfaction and relief every time. The guides know the sites and help you see the most sea life possible. We had our teen daughter certified with them and we bring friends with all dive skill levels and have fun every time. Experienced divers will enjoy the mornings best, the newbies should go in the afternoons. Ni'ihau is a really special experience not to be missed by advanced divers. Come and enjoy! No worries with Seasport. We just did a shore dive with another group and were sorely disappointed in their lack of knowledge of the site or sealife. Gotta stick with Seasport.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

I have been a diver for 35 years and have been around the world doing what I love to do and that is DIVE!! My experience with the Seasport Divers crew was the best ever!! Ryan, Rabine, Matt, Captain Andrew and the entire staff that I had the pleasure of meeting are simply put, the best. There knowledge and good attitudes are hard to come by in any environment. My daughter is a junior diver and they took such good care of her that she had the
BEST experience ever. She has a permanent smile on her face when
she talks about her diving with
Seasport Divers and is now saying that she wants to be a Divemaster. If you want to have the best SCUBA time young or older then for me the only choice is Seasport Divers. I dove with them last year, 18 times this year and have already booked my vacation for next year. Mahalo

Reviewed August 5, 2010

I think we went on an off day. Some of us were certified divers, some were new divers and we had a couple of snorkelers-there was definately a caste system with Seasport Divers, they like and catered to the certified divers, and paid much less attention to the newbies, and no attention, almost disdain for the snorkelers. They showed certifeid divers lots of cool stuff underwater but were sort of annoyed by the amount of time the new divers took and the snorkelers were just forgotten. Also I thought there was a meal or lunch involved and we got granola bars and water. On the whole I was dissapointed, but the divers that came with us liked it, we only went to one diving spot. Not a great experience.

1  Thank logicalmouse
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I went diving with Seasport Divers this week and also last summer. If you are coming to Kauai, this is the dive shop to go out with! The crew goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and part of their group. Dive briefings are very detailed and educational for both beginning and advanced divers. The captain and crew all have excellent safety awareness as well.
If you are an experienced diver, I highly recommend the trip to the "Forbidden Island" of Ni'ihau. The diving there is unspoiled and world class. You will also have a very good chance to see the endangered monk seal underwater.
Thanks to Anthony, Andrew, Ryan, Tyrus, and Zach for making my trip one I will not forget. Out of all the diving operations I have encountered around the world, Seasport Divers is one of the best!!!