“Excellent dive instruction”
Review of Seasport Divers

Seasport Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Seasport Divers got its start back in 1986. A lot has changed since then, but one thing’s always stayed the same -- our passion for scuba diving. In the years that we’ve been here, we’ve grown to be the biggest dive shop on the island. You can rent everything you need to explore the ocean: snorkels, diving tanks, and even beach chairs and boogie boards. We also sell all the spearfishing gear you might need. Our crew can also take you out on a diving excursion to experience some of the best views in Hawaii. On the scuba visit to Ni'ihau, you even get to embark on some of the most pristine and dramatic diving in the area.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am 61 and my daughter is 12. We both had our first scuba experiences, with Seaport dives in Kauai. First an introductory lesson in the hotel pool and then two open water dives to 30 feet (total 2 hours of dives). Very patient instruction, and we felt safe. Lots to see underwater in Kauai, including coral, sea turtles, sea urchins, brightly coloured fish. Recommended.

Seasport_Divers, Manager at Seasport Divers, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

We're glad that Seasport Divers was able to make your underwater adventure exciting and that you felt safe at all times with us! Hopefully you and your daughter will go on to become certified PADI scuba divers. Mahalo for taking the time to write your review and sharing your experience with the world! Till then.... A Hui Hoa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)
All reviews
in 62 reviews
"top notch"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I visited Kauai for my honeymoon on August 13th 2013. We had planned on getting our open water certification whilst there after completing resort dives on previous holidays. Josh was an excellent Dive trainer, not only guiding through safely and teaching us all the required skills but he made the course so much fun! After completing the 3 day course and obtaining my Open Water certification, I went on 2 dive boat trip. It was the most amazing few hours, the dive sites were incredible, still can't believe the size of the sea turtles! Josh, Meghan, Matt and Captain Andrew were a credit to Seasport Divers, not only very professional and knowledgeable but friendly and fun! I would highly recommend them to anyone, and I will definitely return in the future to dive Ni'ihau.

Seasport_Divers, Manager at Seasport Divers, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

First we would like to express our sincerest congratulations to you and your spouse! We are glad that we could be a part in making this memorable occasion a great one. Upon your next visit we would love to take you diving again and you may also be interested in furthering your dive certifications by becoming an Advanced Open Water Diver. Please let us know if you need anything! Till then.... A Hui Hou

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have been coming to Kauai for the past 38 years, and author the Kauai Underground Guide. Seasport Diver's trip to Niihau is the best diving you will find anywhere "on" the island. In three dives, we saw monk seals, sharks, a manta ray, eagle ray, rare fish.... you name it. The crew is exceptional. They are knowledgeable, friendly, and make you fee safe yet not confined.

If you have your dive certification and want one "not to miss experience," this is it!

breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks -- all included!

Seasport_Divers, Manager at Seasport Divers, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Mahalo for your great review. We always appreciate it when our customers spread the word about Seasport Divers and their experiences with us! Ni'ihau is definitely one not to miss if you're an experienced diver. As always we try to ensure everyone's safety while trying not to be intrusive and it looks like you appreciated that. Till next time.... Aloha!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Dove their "standard" 2 tank dive on a whim while in the area. Dive was anything but standard- saw at least 15 turtles, 4 shark, and everything in between.
Andrew (captain) and Ryan (dive master) were excellent hosts and the dives were safe, fun and a relative bargain.
Dive was good enough that they talked me into ( not hard at this point) joining them for their Niihua dice the next day. This was an all day 3 tanker, and I also got an introduction to Nitrox from them. This was probably one of the best dives I've had in over 25 years of diving. Saw a fair amount of sharks, other fish and marine life, but the highlight was seeing the monk seals. Long day, but definitely worth it. Additional person on this trip was Jackie, also awesome.
My experience is over 1000 dives with a lot of technical stuff years ago. These guys made me feel right at home and safe. Will go with them agin next time I'm in town.

Aloha Bill, Glad you had a good time on our "standard" 2-tank dive! lol Ni'ihau is definitely a dive charter to remember and we have people who plan their whole Kauai vacation around it. Our crew strive to show everyone a good time, but safety is always at the top of the list and we're glad that you felt safe. We look forward to diving with you again in the future! A Hui Hou

See more reviews
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was the second "beginner" dive that I have done- when you do the training in the AM and the dive in the afternoon (previous one was in Belize). I did the two tank boat dive in the afternoon. The diving instructors were nice, patient, and helpful. They made me feel very safe. I liked that she pointed out things while we were under water. A few things to note, the website says the training is in a pool, it is now in a bay. I can see why they do this, it is more realistic of the dive. However, if you are anxious, the pool might be a nice way to help focus you on the instructions. The ONLY reason that I didn't give this 5/5 is because the captain appeared cranky and bordered on plain rude. He seemed irritated by the whole process and the divers. When we asked him if there were any local restaurants he would recommend for dinner (we were staying in Kapa'a and the dive was in Poipu- so we thought we would try a new place for dinner out there), his response was basically to tell us that everything was too expensive in an unnecessarily cranky way. We would have been happy with if he recommended a taco truck! We would still go back.

1  Thank Rachel B
Seasport_Divers, General Manager at Seasport Divers, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

We thank you for joining our dive team and enjoying a great day under the water with us. Thank you for noticing the difference in our Discover Scuba Diving website description in reference to our actual operation. We have found that participants are far more prepared after completing those practice dives in a confined salt water environment, as opposed to the pool. We do apologize for the gruff response concerning where to eat. If you ever make it back, please try Koloa Fish Market before your next afternoon boat trip with us. They have some of the freshest fish around and always serve up large portions. Many Mahalos for diving with us!!!