“Wish i was still on the boat!”
Review of Seasport Divers

Seasport Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5-Star Dive Center providing guided dive charters off of Kauai and Ni'ihau. SCUBA certifications. Introductory SCUBA lessons daily. SCUBA & snorkel gear rental and sales. Only dive operator with two store locations on island.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wish i was still on the boat!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I visited Kauai for my honeymoon on August 13th 2013. We had planned on getting our open water certification whilst there after completing resort dives on previous holidays. Josh was an excellent Dive trainer, not only guiding through safely and teaching us all the required skills but he made the course so much fun! After completing the 3 day course and obtaining my Open Water certification, I went on 2 dive boat trip. It was the most amazing few hours, the dive sites were incredible, still can't believe the size of the sea turtles! Josh, Meghan, Matt and Captain Andrew were a credit to Seasport Divers, not only very professional and knowledgeable but friendly and fun! I would highly recommend them to anyone, and I will definitely return in the future to dive Ni'ihau.

Visited August 2013
Seasport_Divers, Manager at Seasport Divers, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
First we would like to express our sincerest congratulations to you and your spouse! We are glad that we could be a part in making this memorable occasion a great one. Upon your next visit we would love to take you diving again and you may also be interested in furthering your dive certifications by becoming an Advanced Open Water Diver. Please let us know if you need anything! Till then.... A Hui Hou

• Finnish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best dive trip on Kauai!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have been coming to Kauai for the past 38 years, and author the Kauai Underground Guide. Seasport Diver's trip to Niihau is the best diving you will find anywhere "on" the island. In three dives, we saw monk seals, sharks, a manta ray, eagle ray, rare fish.... you name it. The crew is exceptional. They are knowledgeable, friendly, and make you fee safe yet not confined.

If you have your dive certification and want one "not to miss experience," this is it!

breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks -- all included!

Visited August 2013
Seasport_Divers, Manager at Seasport Divers, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Mahalo for your great review. We always appreciate it when our customers spread the word about Seasport Divers and their experiences with us! Ni'ihau is definitely one not to miss if you're an experienced diver. As always we try to ensure everyone's safety while trying not to be intrusive and it looks like you appreciated that. Till next time.... Aloha!
Chicago, Illinois
“Recent dive trip”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Dove their "standard" 2 tank dive on a whim while in the area. Dive was anything but standard- saw at least 15 turtles, 4 shark, and everything in between.
Andrew (captain) and Ryan (dive master) were excellent hosts and the dives were safe, fun and a relative bargain.
Dive was good enough that they talked me into ( not hard at this point) joining them for their Niihua dice the next day. This was an all day 3 tanker, and I also got an introduction to Nitrox from them. This was probably one of the best dives I've had in over 25 years of diving. Saw a fair amount of sharks, other fish and marine life, but the highlight was seeing the monk seals. Long day, but definitely worth it. Additional person on this trip was Jackie, also awesome.
My experience is over 1000 dives with a lot of technical stuff years ago. These guys made me feel right at home and safe. Will go with them agin next time I'm in town.

Visited August 2013
Aloha Bill, Glad you had a good time on our "standard" 2-tank dive! lol Ni'ihau is definitely a dive charter to remember and we have people who plan their whole Kauai vacation around it. Our crew strive to show everyone a good time, but safety is always at the top of the list and we're glad that you felt safe. We look forward to diving with you again in the future! A Hui Hou
Connecticut
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable diving experience!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was the second "beginner" dive that I have done- when you do the training in the AM and the dive in the afternoon (previous one was in Belize). I did the two tank boat dive in the afternoon. The diving instructors were nice, patient, and helpful. They made me feel very safe. I liked that she pointed out things while we were under water. A few things to note, the website says the training is in a pool, it is now in a bay. I can see why they do this, it is more realistic of the dive. However, if you are anxious, the pool might be a nice way to help focus you on the instructions. The ONLY reason that I didn't give this 5/5 is because the captain appeared cranky and bordered on plain rude. He seemed irritated by the whole process and the divers. When we asked him if there were any local restaurants he would recommend for dinner (we were staying in Kapa'a and the dive was in Poipu- so we thought we would try a new place for dinner out there), his response was basically to tell us that everything was too expensive in an unnecessarily cranky way. We would have been happy with if he recommended a taco truck! We would still go back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rachel B
Seasport_Divers, General Manager at Seasport Divers, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We thank you for joining our dive team and enjoying a great day under the water with us. Thank you for noticing the difference in our Discover Scuba Diving website description in reference to our actual operation. We have found that participants are far more prepared after completing those practice dives in a confined salt water environment, as opposed to the pool. We do apologize for the gruff response concerning where to eat. If you ever make it back, please try Koloa Fish Market before your next afternoon boat trip with us. They have some of the freshest fish around and always serve up large portions. Many Mahalos for diving with us!!!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Boat and shore diving”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My brother and I want to do some diving while visiting Kauai. Our first stop was their north store where we talked with Kapa about areas we could do some shore diving. He recommended the Tunnels and a south area where a ramp drops into the water. Several days later we stopped in and Kapa helped us with cylinders, weights ad good directions. Next day we went to the south store for a scheduled boat trip to two dive sights. Captain Zac, Matt, Jackie and Matt did a great job setting up gear, briefing and leading our dives. We even got insider info for where to eat when we finished diving (we were starving). We were impressed with each staffs desire to make sure we had a great time. Look forward to coming back and diving with them again.

Visited August 2013
Seasport_Divers, Manager at Seasport Divers, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and that Seasport Divers had a part in making your stay here on the Garden Island memorable! Looking forward to having you back in the future. Until next time... A Hui Hou.