“Private chater”
Review of Seasport Divers

Seasport Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Seasport Divers got its start back in 1986. A lot has changed since then, but one thing’s always stayed the same -- our passion for scuba diving. In the years that we’ve been here, we’ve grown to be the biggest dive shop on the island. You can rent everything you need to explore the ocean: snorkels, diving tanks, and even beach chairs and boogie boards. We also sell all the spearfishing gear you might need. Our crew can also take you out on a diving excursion to experience some of the best views in Hawaii. On the scuba visit to Ni'ihau, you even get to embark on some of the most pristine and dramatic diving in the area.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went out on a combination private chater with Seasport divers, we dove, fished and whale watched. The entire trip was top notch. The boat was very comfortable and clean. Our captain Ryan was very informative of the local areas we visited and made sure everyone in out party was taken care of. The shop uas very clean and well stocked with all of the supplies we needed for our trip. I highly recommend them.

1  Thank Mike M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Crew was awesome, helpful, knowledgable about all aspects of the dives, very safety conscious. Boat was excellent, not crowded, hot shower for after each dive. Many divers back to dive with Seasport multiple dives during their stay, I dove 4 days. Everyone very friendly. Extra special shout out to dive masters: Andrew (best pbj ever); Anthony; Megan; Jackie and Shaka. These guys really know what you'll see, find it during the dives and make sure you see it, too. I will dive with Seasport every time I'm on Kuai.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Again, Seasport Divers Koloa showed why it's number # 1 on Kauai. The entire shop staff is great, the captains knowledgeable and the dive masters top notch. Special kudos to divemaster Anthony who always goes out of his way to make sure each person in the group gets the maximum out of his/hers diving experience. I can't recommend them enough as each time I dive with them, and it has been many times, they outdo the previous visit. Can't wait to get back there.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had a wonderful week of diving last week in Kauai thanks to Seasport Divers on Poipu Rd. We had tried 2 other dive charter operators in the past & did not rebook with either of them. My husband & I are both DM’s & have about 400 dives each. We recommend Seasport for the following reasons:
1. Not limited by the air consumption of other divers. There’s nothing worse then spending lots of $ & having to surface early because of an air hog. With Seasport you ascend when you are ready to, even during drift diving. This is accomplished in a safe manner.
2. Excellent DM’s. There’s nothing better than diving with someone that knows the reef well & will take you to the spot where that unique critter tends to hide out & find others along the way. Anthony is one of the best DM’s we’ve ever experienced. As we were heading to the 1st dive site he asked what we wanted to see. I immediately requested a frogfish & sure enough he showed me not 1, not 2, but 3 different frogfish! We also had the pleasure of diving with Megan. Talk about enthusiastic! Not only was she great at pointing things out, but you could tell she absolutely loves what she does. Both she & Anthony used erasable slates to name all the great things we saw which was very helpful.
3. Great dive boat & captains. Seasport has the largest dive charter boat on the island. Size matters when the wind & current kick up. Zac & Andrew ensured safe entry & exit from the water. By judging current conditions they optimized the sites we dived. One day Andrew recognized the conditions were perfect to do a couple of drift dives that are rarely available & was just as excited as we were when we were able to dive them. When a couple of whales & a school of spinner dolphin put on a show Andrew went out of his way to ensure we had a good view, at the appropriate distance. He even managed to spot a monk seal parked on the beach & point it out to us.
4. Well equipped dive shop. The water temperature was a little cooler than prior visits so we need to add an extra layer – no problem in such a well-stocked store. Rinse bins are located at the back of the store & are available after charter & shore diving.
5. Safety. I wouldn’t be a good DM without mentioning safety. The briefings were thorough but didn’t drag on. The DM’s were relaxed, confident, & knew what they were doing. All the staff worked together to ensure we had great, safe diving.

Many thanks to Seasport for a fantastic week. We'll see you next February!

6  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Seasport Divers spoils you for other dive shops. Everything from making the reservations through the dive. The dive masters are awesome, they know the sites and what to see. They do a great job explaining what you'll see and pointing them out during the dive. I've used them everytime I go to Kauai and will do so.