“Seasportdiver trip”
Review of Seasport Divers

Seasport Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Seasport Divers got its start back in 1986. A lot has changed since then, but one thing’s always stayed the same -- our passion for scuba diving. In the years that we’ve been here, we’ve grown to be the biggest dive shop on the island. You can rent everything you need to explore the ocean: snorkels, diving tanks, and even beach chairs and boogie boards. We also sell all the spearfishing gear you might need. Our crew can also take you out on a diving excursion to experience some of the best views in Hawaii. On the scuba visit to Ni'ihau, you even get to embark on some of the most pristine and dramatic diving in the area.
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We had a super time with Seasportdiver. We researched many dive shops on the Island, but were impressed the most with the staff and knowledge Seasportdiver. Katie, Wow, she is a super upbeat personality that helped us map out our 10 days in Kauai with seven dives (One night dive and Nitrox class). Dives included Sheraton Caves,Fast Lanes,Turtle Bluffs, and Heniochus Ledge. The diver masters were extraordinary, many thanks to Katie, Anthony, and Andrew. Great Captains, Zac and Andrew, 3 great days on the boat and great care/help with the gear. We have done dives in the Caribbean, Tahitian Islands, Mexico, Jamaca, and Santa Domingo. This was the number two dive site of all, only behind Tahiti which is hard to beat. Next time Ni'ihau. Seasportdiver is highly recommended.

2  Thank FranknAngela
Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great job"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had a great time with Seasport divers. The staff at the shop and our dive maters were very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Also, the 3 dive sites we have visited were all amazing... especially the Sheraton Caverns! The only real downfall was our boat captain's (Andrew's) attitude and boat etiquette. Will return again!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I dove with Seasport last month and my experience was less than desireable.
I felt rushed.
I did not get the help I needed getting back on the boat. No one was even there one time, and the other time I was directed away to fend for myself. I did not feel safe.
After paying a LOT for that trip, I would never use that company again. There were nice folks, they pointed out wildlife and were helpful, on that point they would have an 'A'.. but not service.

1  Thank bluepotter
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We recently did a 2 tank morning boat dive with James and Jackie as the crew and Zach as the captain. The boat can fit a lot of people, but they take small groups so there is a lot of room. There were 9 of us and we all had a lot of space to walk around and gear up. My husband and I, along with 3 other people, had James as our guide and he was great. He pointed out a lot of sea life and even took requests on what we wanted to see and made sure he found all of it for us. My request was sharks and he took us to an area with several white tip reef sharks, which was awesome. There was a woman who seemed not so thrilled with the current and waves, but they helped her get comfortable and took great care of her and she ended up having a blast. They had snacks and drinks for us, and the hot water shower on board was amazing. We felt very safe and really enjoyed the trip. Captain Zach was a good captain, but once in a while he would say something that seemed kind of mean...he may have just been trying to be funny but some comments seemed a little rude. James and Jackie were really nice, though, and made conversation with everyone. We were glad we went with Seasport Divers.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have dove with this company before and others in Hawaii - I just did the Niihau dive and it was a five star experience - it took all day but well worth it - saw sharks, rays, Monk seals and whales.The divemaster Ryan is a really great guy - very into the fish and the experience - he builds lots of confidence and he took great video which he shared when we returned to the shop.
The rest of the crew was great also, made sure everyone had drinks and food and that we were comfortable. It helps that the have a large dive boat for the trip across and back, as it was rough coming home.
I see a comment about Captain Andrew on here and my experience was different- being a Captain myself I could see he had great boat handling skills and that if he did "bark" a command it was for the safety of the guests. The seas in Hawaii are big and many people dont understand how dangerous they can be with currents and surges. I thought he did a great job getting everyone in and out of the water safely and back home - happy and tired.
Definetly will be diving with them again