“Five star dive experience”
Review of Seasport Divers

Seasport Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5-Star Dive Center providing guided dive charters off of Kauai and Ni'ihau. SCUBA certifications. Introductory SCUBA lessons daily. SCUBA & snorkel gear rental and sales. Only dive operator with two store locations on island.
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have dove with this company before and others in Hawaii - I just did the Niihau dive and it was a five star experience - it took all day but well worth it - saw sharks, rays, Monk seals and whales.The divemaster Ryan is a really great guy - very into the fish and the experience - he builds lots of confidence and he took great video which he shared when we returned to the shop.
The rest of the crew was great also, made sure everyone had drinks and food and that we were comfortable. It helps that the have a large dive boat for the trip across and back, as it was rough coming home.
I see a comment about Captain Andrew on here and my experience was different- being a Captain myself I could see he had great boat handling skills and that if he did "bark" a command it was for the safety of the guests. The seas in Hawaii are big and many people dont understand how dangerous they can be with currents and surges. I thought he did a great job getting everyone in and out of the water safely and back home - happy and tired.
Definetly will be diving with them again

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Great store, Great crew, all around one of the best experience diving I've had. I went recently with my Girlfiend to kauai, and I have to say I couldn't have had a better time. when we first were heading over to book my dive, she wanted to look at there Store, I was a bit hesitant, but not only did they have all the brands, she was looking for they were one of the cheapest on island!!! And when my Dive came I couldn't have had a more outstanding crew. They all helped me with my gear. triple checked everything. and The dive itself was amazing. They had really Great dive leaders leading me throughout the dive site. They helped me all the way from getting on the boat to tearing down my gear. So if you want the best diving experience on island, go to seasports

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I did a beach dive excursion with Seasport and had a great time. Getting in was rather an adventure due to the recent rains but Peter was right there helping me and we laughed a lot. Saw Sea Turtles, lots of eels this time and the best was that we heard whales under the water. That was really cool. Thanks again for the great time!!!

1  Thank idimport
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Great dive, was happy with our dive leader, Anthony. Saw lots of sealife, was thrilled when the captain, Andrew circled around during our surface interval to view whales and a large manta ray. However, when it came to saftey and boat etiquette the captain could use some more schooling. With extremely rough surface conditions, he or a deckhand should have been at the back of the boat to assist divers exiting the water. This was not the case. He constantly barked out commands which made the guests on the boat feel uneasy. Will choose another dive company next time.

4  Thank thata s
Reviewed February 26, 2012

If you are on the fence about diving, know that you are not alone. I was so scared to try it BUT, I would recommend you try with Seasport Divers and ask specifically for Jackie. We stayed at a hotel where they offered a trial pool dive course and right from the start Jackie was so patient and understanding of my fears. She made me confident in the skills that we learned that day. I did not feel that she tried to push us into making any financial commitment to the dive, but my husband was interested in going, and I agreed after she went over the skills with me until I was confident enough to agree – as long as our dive master was Jackie.
Down to what you want to know: there are several dive trips they arrange. If you are new, make sure you sign up for the beginners dive. The cost was $160/person, two dives. The boat is small; make no mistake if you think you will be sea sick get a scopolamine patch to sick on the back of your ear. Pool versus sea – well let’s just say it wasn’t exactly the same… It was a sort of choppy day out at sea and I was already a little nervous about the whole thing, Jackie, my husband, and I were the last off the boat and we were on our way diving. We must have been not even 8 feet under water when I started to panic and water went in my goggles, I just wanted out and I tapped Jackie – she clearly saw the panic in my eyes and instead of letting swim up out of control, she looked and me and made the sign to “remember” and made me start breathing again, then we went up slowly. After we surfaced, she asked me what happened and I can’t really tell you, but I just got scared. So she went over everything again, all the skills and fixed my mask, and then asked me if I wanted to try again or get back on the boat. I was so temped to say “get me the hell out of here,” but she was so calm, and she made me calm so we decided to try it again. The second attempt was great! She kept checking on me, I made her hold on to me the whole time. She is a GREAT dive master, paying attention to every move and every gauge between me and my husband. We ended up staying down for about 45 minutes each both dives. After she felt we were comfortable, she started showing us the different types of fish and their names. We heard whales singing and saw so many sea turtles (amazing creatures).
I was so happy that we did this, but more happy that we had Jackie. I really believe that without her I probably would not have even tried or I would have given up after the first attempt failed. IF you are a scared like me, and you know you need someone with a little more patience, ask for Jackie. We ended up having a great time.

1  Thank EnjoyingLife210