“Great service and really good burgers”
Review of Poipu Tropical Burgers - CLOSED

Poipu Tropical Burgers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Boerne, Texas
“Great service and really good burgers”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We ate here twice and got the same waiter and table both times, which was great because he provided wonderful service. The first time we all got burgers and they were big and fresh and wonderful. The fries were crispy, hot, and tasty. The second time, I got the mahi and it was not very good. I could have opened a Gortons package and gotten better. That was disappointing. The burgers my family got were still great, but this time the fries were luke warm and not crispy like the first visit, so I took a star off the rating for that. Apparently food quality can vary depending on time of day and what you order. Still, I would recommend this place to other visitors. The prices were good (relative to the rest of Kauai), service was great, and the burgers seemed to be consistently excellent.

San Carlos, California
“Basic place for lunch”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stopped in for lunch. Service was average, but the food was a bit slow showing up. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich, and my wife had a chicken rice bowl. Both were good. We sat on on the outside and watched chickens. Seemed like a reasonable but basic place for lunch.

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“Hawaiian style service”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Things are slow here. It's the only place we truly had the Hawaiian style service I read so much about. It wasn't horrible, just slow. Orders were taken, drinks eventually came, food came out hot surprisingly, check was paid. Burgers were ordered well done and that's how they came. Didn't like the meat itself but the guava BBQ sauce and fries were good.

Don't go if you're in a hurry. Relax and enjoy the chickens.

• Visited April 2013
“Horrible!!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I do not recommend this place for lunch. It cost 45.00 for the two of us to have nachos, 2 burgers and fries, one beer and an iced tea. The burgers were the worst we have ever had. McDonald's is a 5 star burger compared to this place. The fries were ok but I don't think the cheese on the nachos was real cheese.

McDonough, Georgia
“Skip this”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went there for breakfast and it was terrible! They delivered 1 slice of toast about 10 minutes before our breakfast arrived. It was not buttered but was cold. When our breakfast arrived, it was bad. We ordered an omlet (which was fine) but the has browns that accompied were overcooked and inedible and my husband got a hashbrown plate, which was supposed to have a gravy/egg on top of the hashbrowns. Again, the hashbrowns were hard and dry, the over-easy egg overcooked and overall the meal was just bad.
They did ask for a review which we gladly filled out stating that we would not be back again!!