“Hawaiian style service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Things are slow here. It's the only place we truly had the Hawaiian style service I read so much about. It wasn't horrible, just slow. Orders were taken, drinks eventually came, food came out hot surprisingly, check was paid. Burgers were ordered well done and that's how they came. Didn't like the meat itself but the guava BBQ sauce and fries were good.

Don't go if you're in a hurry. Relax and enjoy the chickens.

There are newer reviews for Poipu Tropical Burgers

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I do not recommend this place for lunch. It cost 45.00 for the two of us to have nachos, 2 burgers and fries, one beer and an iced tea. The burgers were the worst we have ever had. McDonald's is a 5 star burger compared to this place. The fries were ok but I don't think the cheese on the nachos was real cheese.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went there for breakfast and it was terrible! They delivered 1 slice of toast about 10 minutes before our breakfast arrived. It was not buttered but was cold. When our breakfast arrived, it was bad. We ordered an omlet (which was fine) but the has browns that accompied were overcooked and inedible and my husband got a hashbrown plate, which was supposed to have a gravy/egg on top of the hashbrowns. Again, the hashbrowns were hard and dry, the over-easy egg overcooked and overall the meal was just bad.
They did ask for a review which we gladly filled out stating that we would not be back again!!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

What a cute place...you feel like you are in New England! We ate on the porch in front. The service is a bit slow but the kindness that came with slow service was worth it. I had the fish and chips and really enjoyed it. My husband had a hamburger and LOVED it.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Tropical Burgers was a favorite of my daughters in the past so we returned with a large group recently. I love eating seafood when in Hawaii, so a burger place would not be my first choice, but everyone really loved their burgers. It's nice to have a sit-down family dining option in Poipu that is not too pricey and this fits the bill. It can get a little hot inside but there is some veranda seating out front. Our service was excellent.