“Not the best choice!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Poipu Tropical Burgers - CLOSED

Poipu Tropical Burgers
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
East Aurora, New York
“Not the best choice!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast there, nothing worth writing about. Toast was not buttered, check the chair before sitting down as some are not clean.

Port Orchard, Washington
“Overrated/Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had looked forward to having lunch here...colorful ads, promise of more than regular burgers, lots of people eating when we walked by a few days earlier. We ate there around 2:00 on a Saturday...we and only three other tables with diners stuck inside(very warm) rather than in the fresh air. Thought this would be a good place for a fish sandwich (as advertised) or pulled pork. The fish did not seem to be fresh: ground up fish parts then covered with bread something or other, so I passed on that. Other fish sandwich offering also seemed to be of the "previously frozen" variety so I asked for the pulled pork sandwich...which turned out to be quite fatty (more than usual) with lots of "crisp" unappetizing looking and hard to chew pieces. The bun was soft and fresh; the tomato slice was large and tasty. I ended up eating some of the bun, lettuce, tomato and slice of pineapple...canned?! Partner had a burger with the "freshly canned" pineapple and was disappointed as well. At $13 each, it was a waste of our money. Will not return.

Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievably bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went here the last night in Kauai for something simple after passing by it several times while in the plaza during the week. I should have passed by it again. I did not want a burger but since they did have a lot of other things on the menu I thought I would give it a truly. The bad experience started with getting a Mai Tai which was so bad after one sip I called the waitress to take it back and get me a rum and coke. She wanted me to try another and brought me one even though I said I did not want it. It was also bad. Tasted like a mix made out of some sort of powder. It was the worse thing I ever had. The rum and coke was not very good either. It was not Bacardi even though they said it was.

We ordered the Nachos and could not eat those as it was terrible. My wife ordered the fish and chips and I ordered the Hawaiian Chicken. Both were terrible. We paid for the food and left it all. $60 gone down the drain and still hungry.

I don't see how they can stay in business. Maybe if people read about the reviews, something decent will take it's place.

Muskego, Wisconsin
“Slowwwwwwwwwww”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We went for dinner once and really enjoyed our burgers but the
service took forever. Thinking this may have been a bad evening for them, we tried going for breakfast. Same story, good quality food but 1 1/4 hours for a meal @ 9;30 AM is way too slowwww. And did I mention the place was not full. I was not in a rush but really! Go if you have lots of time, it is a nice place where time stands still.

“Breakfast is fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We went here for breakfast after seeing it everyday when we went to Starbucks. The coconut pancakes and French toast were delicious. Better than I expected. This will be our breakfast spot for the rest of our trip. The bill was even less expensive than our local diner in NY. Great place.

• 5 of 5 bubbles