“Great Local Fish”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This is a great lunch place. The plate lunches are really good and the price is reasonable, especially for Kauai. The poki's are very flavorful and the bento box with poki are yummy. My kids loved them. It is a great little place and it a real local favorite as well. Get away from your hotels and the high prices and eat local style!

4  Thank kauaiguyms

Reviewed July 24, 2008

We stopped by Koloa Fish Marketwhile touring the area and ordered two of their Hawaiian plates. It came with laulau, kalua pig, chicken long rice, poke, and I believe lomi salmon. The kimchee poke was very good and the laulau was above average but the rest of the food was just so-so. I also ordered the haupia which was a large portion but again just average.

After reading other reviews, it seems that many have ordered the seared ahi along with other offerings so please understand that my review is based solely on the food I ordered and their other items may indeed be very good.

3  Thank Waimeadad
Reviewed July 18, 2008

If you are tired of the high prices in paradise do try Koloa Fish Market. It is located on the "main drag" in Koloa Town very near the Post Office and a 5 minute drive Poipu. It is a take out place that I don't think takes credit cards and is only open until 6pm. Not sure if it is open on weekends. Their menu is quite limited, but grab your yummy inexpensive grub and head over to Poipu Beach State Park, find a picnic table and enjoy. We went there 3 times in 8 days for fresh fish and pork. Also recommend some of their coconut turnovers. Not normally a coconut fan, but these just might have changed my life!

3  Thank tunasf
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We went to the Koloa Fish Market for lunch one day and loved it. It's just a small take-out place, but we got some great salmon and seared ahi to take to the beach for a picnic. There is a little grocery store down the street to pick up other picnic items, and it's all right on the way to Poipu Beach. A great find!

2  Thank ai518
Reviewed January 13, 2008

Thank goodness for poke bento- it is one of my favorite lunches around. However, my parents who don't love sashimi related dishes visited me and both had ahi sandwiches and did not care for them. Maybe it was that one day?

Anyways, I'll stick to the poke bento!

1  Thank Mar0