“Awesome Experience”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I love the "hole in the wall" atmosphere. It is very inexpensive compared to the restaurants in the area. The fresh fish is wonderful. I tried both the Ono and ahi lunch plate and was very impressed. This place offers a wide variety of fresh local fish and poke. Macaroni salad was also incredible. If you want a "local" Hawaiian experience try Koloa Fish Market

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We came in here for lunch on a weekday, probably just after noon, and in the minutes we stood looking at the menu, a line of 10 people had formed behind us. The good news is that it moves super fast. Basically they have an assembly line of people that are putting the food together. You wait in line to order, then wait to pay, but again, this all in a matter of minutes and then you have your food in your hand a minute later. They have limited drinks there to add. Like other reviewers said, locals may step ahead of you in line if you're just dawdling looking at the menu, but they'll shout 'next!' and just speak up when you're ready to order. I got the pork combo with lau lau and my husband got the ahi and something else I can't remember now. The food was good, but to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this type of food, it was really heavy with the rice and everything else, but once on our trip was good. I give it 4 stars, cheap, fast and portable. We took ours to nearby Poipu Beach to enjoy.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I wish this place were in Oakland.

My wife and I are freaks for fresh fish, so, of course, we sought out the Koloa Fish Market... thank goodness!

We got a couple of different preparations of poke to snack on through the week and a big cut of ono for grilling.

Everything was amazing, and we'll definitely shop here again the next time we're in Kauai. Based on the other reviews, it sounds like we need to get the kalua pig next time!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Fnally got around to visiting the fish house. Bought the best swordfish to bbq for dinner.
The place was packed with people buying their already made lunches, which looked and
Smelled good.....have to go back for lunch next time.
Swordfish was awesome and soooo fresh tasting, and of course the hubby did a great job
At the bbq! <3

Thank W.O.F.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The box lunches are AWESOME. We had to stop on the side of the road heading back to our place because the smell was intoxicating. I felt bad that where we were staying was so far away from this place....I would have eaten here every day if that had been an option. My wife had the kalua pig lunch and I had the fish/chicken, and pork.......AWESOME. The poke is fresh and tasty too. Do yourself a favor and stop by this market.....you will be back again and again. Keep in mind there are no tables. Everything is take out. Plan a picnic and enjoy !!!!

1  Thank Jason S