“Poke bento” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Takeout
Kauai, Hawaii
“Poke bento”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2008

Thank goodness for poke bento- it is one of my favorite lunches around. However, my parents who don't love sashimi related dishes visited me and both had ahi sandwiches and did not care for them. Maybe it was that one day?

Anyways, I'll stick to the poke bento!

1 Thank Mar0

San Diego, California
“thank goodness, tasty food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2008

This is the best Poke I have had anywhere in any island. I tried the Korean/kim chee style and hope to try the others. The plate lunch was also good- we tried one with fried chicken and ahi with a wasabi cream sauce and another Hawaiian-Poke, Lomi Lomi Salmon, Kailua Pork and Lau Lau Pork (sorry for all the spelling errors on these dishes) . They did a really nice job on these as well.Probably one of the better rendition of each I have tried. But like I said the poke is where it is at. Very casual, local, carry out. My kind of place when traveling. This is (other than the food we have made ourselves-ie the local pork chops I found) the best we have had here.

3 Thank Lynlee
Orlando, Florida
“More for the sushi loving type”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2007

My husband and I ate at the Koloa Fish Market on our trip to Kauai because of all the great reviews here. Much to our surprise, we didn't like it. We are the pizza, steak and potato types. This place is more for people who are more the sushi types I think. We both got the lau lau, and the only thing we finished on our plates was the rice. I don't want to give a bad review, because as far as local Hawaiian food goes, I'm sure it's good. We just aren't into that type of food I guess.

2 Thank flgirl26
Pennsylvania
“The best plate lunch you can find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2007

Every year, after landing at Kauai's airport, my family and I go directly to the Fish Market. There plate lunchs are to die for! They have the best lau lau and koloa pig I have ever tasted. And the sticky rice is amazing too. Even their poi is good, if your in to that kinda thing...haha.

7 Thank katertot6066
El Cerrito, CA
“Good food value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2007

Many things in Hawaii are delicious but not many things are of good value too. Koloa Fish Market proves that you can get a good meal in paradise. Located next to Big Save Market in Koloa Town, the restaurant serves up a large meal for lunch or an early dinner. If you like fish, try the poke or smoked marlin. Service is quick. Don't plan to dine-in, they don't have much seating. Just take your meal to the beach and you are in heaven. Enjoy.

3 Thank paradisedreamer