“Nice South Side Spot”

Dining options: Reservations
Kahala, Hawaii
“Nice South Side Spot”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Simple sushi and fish place on the South Side. We always have enjoyed the one in Hanalei on the river. This Dolphoin is brand new in the Kukuiulua Shopping Center. The sushi is on the pricy side. (All Kauai restaurants are) rmyoung281 comments were 2 rolls 2 drinks $70. YEP!. Welcome to the islands. Of course NYC is cheaper!!. The service is avg. Food is pretty good. Its a good place for lunch with there outside seating. The spicy Ahi roll was very tasty and super fresh. Soup was one of the better ones I have had on Kauai.

• Visited June 2014

katy,Texas
“2 rolls 2 drinks”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The food is good but the prices for sushi are more than NYC or any other high price place. Two rolls and two drinks $70

Visited June 2014
Newport Beach, California
“so so - especially for the price”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

A pretty spot but lackluster, expensive sushi. What a shame with that huge, gorgeous ocean teeming with fish right in view.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank EricaKarlin
Kauai, Hawaii
“Horrible Experience all around”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I had a horrible experience at lunch. The service was flat out rude and pretentious. The hostess refused to make eye contact and after asking a question walked away. Our server told us she was too busy to take our order an would come back later, she then decided to tip herself after I asked for change when paying. (Maybe she knew she wasn't getting a tip, and decided to sneak some change?)

I ordered a chicken salad and was charged $14 for a bowl of bagged greens and 2 lemon slices. I counted 5 VERY small strips of chicken out of the entire bowl. To call it a chicken salad is an insult and very misleading.

My wife had a hamburger and it was simply a hamburger. Nothing special and you have to pay for sides ($4 each). So a burger with fries is $16. A little pricey compared to other places nearby. The flavor was pretty good though so I can say it was a good burger, but not worth sitting through awful service.

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant based off my experience. I'm sure their sushi meets the other reviews expectations but I will not be going back to try it.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank VW_Sterling_VW
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“So good we kept returning...”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I stopped in at the Dolphin restaurant during our first afternoon on Kauai and it was so good we returned several times during our one week stay. Happy hour bar menu items are a great deal and the fresh fish was wonderful.

• Visited April 2014