“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2014

La Spezia is family owned and extremely popular. I especially liked their chicken with 40 cloves, flat bread pizza and the flank steak. The only drawback for me that kept 5 stars away is that they do not take reservations. They have an excellent bar (Eric, thanks for the martini) when you can get a seat. So just be prepared as you may have to wait but if you do they serve really delicious food.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

When we were tubing, the tour guide recommended LaSpezia to us, among a few other local restaurants. We went there for breakfast on Sunday, and it was delicious! We were greeted promptly and seated. The breakfast menu had so many wonderful choices, but I zeroed in on the brie and bacon french toast. My husband had the blueberry stuffed french toast. I consciously slowed my chewing so I could savor the flavors of the brie with the bacon and raspberry. Of course I tasted the blueberry as well, and the fruit was so fresh and flavorful! So many restaurants just deliver food; LaSpezia delivers flavor! What a gem this is!

Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Just discovered this new addition to Koloa since our last trip here two years ago. Had a delicious breakfast yesterday and intend to go back for dinner before our trip is over. Great service and very tasty food. The banana pancakes my daughter ordered would easily feed two, and my husband and I both had omelettes, perfectly cooked. Nice setting, too.

Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

The Pasta Pomodora ($15) was very flavorful and delicious. My 11 year old son ordered the spaghetti bolognese ($16) and ate the entire bowl. I would highly recommend eating here. The service was great and the decor was very stylish. We arrived right at 6 pm and got the last available table. When we left at 7 pm, there was a long line waiting outside. You won't be disappointed with this place!

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Took my family here for an early dinner. From the outside, this place blends in with the original charm of Old Koloa, but once you walk in, it transforms into a very new, city-like atmosphere.

My son has food allergies, and they too were very accommodating to his needs.

Food was great, as well as the service. Would definitely visit here again.