“Beautiful location with excellent guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Koloa Zipline

and up
Koloa Zipline
Ranked #1 of 24 Outdoor Activities in Koloa
More attraction details
Owner description: Kauai's LONGEST zipline course is home to 3 of the 5 longest ziplines on Kauai. Featuring our 1/2 mile Waita Zip. Each of our lines average over 1,000' in length and have you Flying through the jungle, soaring above the forest and gliding across the water. We're also the only Zipline on Kauai that offers headfirst ziplining with our Flyin' Kauaian Harness! Located just 5 minutes from the major resorts of Poipu, Koloa Zipline is the closest of all activities to the South side of Kauai.
Farmington, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful location with excellent guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Zipline Koloa's lines are located in the hills behind the abandoned sugar mill just east of Koloa and north of Poipu. The 8 lines are mostly all within the beautiful forests except for the last one which goes over some pastures of cows. Our guides were awesome! They worked well as a team, loved to joke around, and made everyone comfortable. Thanks Hilary, John, and Cal! I cant imagine the other zipline courses on the island being as picturesque as Zipline Koloa's. Also two of their lines are around half a mile long each. The only thing to be ready for (besides having a fun time) is to get some extra help if you are small. The two kids in our group who weighed about 80 pounds each had to ride tandem with a guide so they could make it completely across on two lines. Otherwise if you arent heavy enough on the two longer lines, the guides may have to rescue you with a rope to pull you in the last few feet. I would recommend this operation to anyone wanting to zipline on Kauai!

Derek G, Owner at Koloa Zipline, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Aloha, and thank you for writing such a comprehensive review. Sometimes i sit on the benches at the top of the course and "take it all in", I'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed the beauty of the land.
I don't want to sound nitpicky of anything, however, i do believe it would be more accurate to say that our last line is 1/2 mile long, and our 4th line is 1/3 mile long... but whose counting?
Thanks again for letting us be part of your vacation!

Kapaa, Hawaii, United States
“Amazing Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

So far it's the best on the island. I loved the views and the long rides. Staff is friendly and fun. Makes for a great adventure.

Visited October 2012
Derek G, Owner at Koloa Zipline, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thanks Erika for your support, I'm glad you and your friends had a good time. Please think of us the next time you have friends visiting Kauai.
-Derek
Vancouver
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We did this on our trip and it was amazing! 8 ziplines total, the first one is a mini warm up one to get you started and the last one is half a mile long. Our tour guides were Hilary and John and they were awesome! I would definetly do this again. Mahalo Koloa Zipline!

Visited November 2012
Derek G, Owner at Koloa Zipline, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Aloha Nichole,
Thank you so much for coming and playing with us.I appreciate your support and for recommending us.

Thanks again for letting us be part of your vacation!
Redmond, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic day of fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our family of 5 (mom, dad, and 3 teenage boys) had a fantastic day ziplining. Staff was courteous and always attentive to our safety. The staff constantly checked our equipment for safety, which made me feel very comfortable having my kids do this activity. Would definitely recommend!

Visited August 2012
Derek G, Owner at Koloa Zipline, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I cannot tell you how much i appreciate your support of Koloa Zipline.

Our training motto is "Safety is no accident" and we try to make it the core of our tours. I'm glad to know it pays off and that it comforted you.

Thanks again for letting us be part of your vacation.

-Derek
Milford, Iowa
“Highlight of the Trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I had never ziplined before and we couldn't have picked a better place to do it for the first time. Amazing views, very professional, safe, entertaining staff. Our guides were awesome! 8 lines and each one is an experience all its own. The last line was a half mile ride! AMAZING. This was worth every penny and topped off your vacation. Mahalo Koloa Zipline. -Iowa Travelers

Visited November 2012
Derek G, Owner at Koloa Zipline, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Aloha Jay,
Thank you so much for coming to play with us. I am glad we were able to be your introduction to the world of ziplining.
Thank you again for letting us be part of your vacation!