“2 meals; 2 different ratings”
Review of Kauai Food Truck

Kauai Food Truck
Ranked #16 of 43 Restaurants in Koloa
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Ewen, New York
“2 meals; 2 different ratings”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Looking for food near Koloa town, decided to try the Kauai food truck. We ordered 2 meals, 1 of which was excellent, the other very forgettable.

The fish of the day sandwich was very good. Good selection of greens on it, good flavor. Well worth the money. Would try it again if we were on Kauai.

Loco moco not very good though. In fact, one of the worst I've ever had. Overcooked burger, watery gravy, eggs too runny, and canned corn instead of Mac salad. Come on man, canned corn?? I'm not sure I've ever seen canned corn served on a plate lunch, much less with loco moco.

I averaged the 2 meals to give this a 3 star, but it appears the daily specials are worth getting. I'd stay away from the loco moco though.

• Visited January 2014

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Onolicious”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

No nonsense food that 'hits the spot'. Prices reasonable for the quality, and like that it was a small business and not some pimped out hotel eatery. When they are at the park you can sit and eat at the park pavillion tables. When we were there we were entertained by a clutch of local chickens.

“Great food, have patience”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Had the breakfast sandwich, it was excellent. Breakfast tacos were good, but not as good as the sandwich was. It was not very speedy, but worth it. The menu had quite a few options and I want to go back and try some of their other sandwiches and plates. Our friends had the fish tacos and said they were excellent.

Tulsa
“Great Mexican food in south part of the Island”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a food truck behind the Koloa coffee and shaved ice place in Koloa.
The burritos and tacos are very good. I had the vegetarian burrito and it was delicious. My husband and I ate here 3 times in one week.

Visited August 2013
Orange County, CA
“Don't Pass This Up”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As we were driving in the direction of our condo on the first day in Kauai, we were looking at Yelp for restaurants for lunch. We drove past the Kauai Food Truck on our way into Old Koloa town, when my wife noted that their was a food truck with a 4.5 rating. I told her we just passed it and we agreed to make a U turn and head back. We were so glad we did. There was a local buying his lunch and he made some recommendations. We ended up having a pulled pork sandwich and a garlic shrimp plate. $22 for lunch, including a soda. Check out the pictures. They almost speak for themselves. We had an incredible picnic lunch right there at the park where the truck was sitting. It was a great way to start our Kauai holiday.

• Visited July 2013