“Great wine, great service”
Review of The Wine Shop

The Wine Shop
Ranked #4 of 15 Shopping in Koloa
Brooklyn, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Great wine, great service”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Dan helped me select a case of wine for my family's recent stay on Kauai. We communicated by email and phone - he made great recommendations and delivered the wine to our house on the north shore the day we arrived. Recommended.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank TxTree

London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Go see Dano”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I can only add my compliments to those before me. Dano and his wife are lovely. The shop is great, and you should also try the terrific steaks. They are so friendly we even got a lift home after our shop. The wines selection is outstanding, and this really is a gem if you are self catering locally.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank addisleo
San Antonio, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“I thought I would be stuck with grocery store wine...”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

...but I was sooo wrong! We were staying on the south side and were just checking out the area when we found the Wine Shop in Koloa. A fantastic shop with a fantastic selection of very nice wines. Here's the best part. I'm pretty sure that the guy that we dealt with was the owner and he was NOT any kind of a wine snob. My wife and I aren't totally ignorant about wine but we certainly aren't experts on wine nor do we pretend to be. He was VERY nice and VERY helpful and didn't make us feel like we didn't belong there. He directed us to two really nice Cabs at an affordable price <20. You can spend a lot of money there on a single bottle of wine if that is your thing though >300. They also have a nice selection of gourmet items and even have some beautiful filets in the cooler if you want to BBQ at the condo. This was a very pleasant surprise and an enjoyable experience and were looking forward to our next visit. PS The owner's rooster got loose. I'm sure if you just bring it in to him he'll be very happy.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank mbraun85
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My son and his wife to be are in Koloa and my wife and I wanted to give them an arrival gift. Dan O'Connell at "The Wine Shop"was very helpful. I should say I was phoning from the England and had to get the time differences.
My son and his partner were pleasantly surprised by the unexpected gift and delighted by Dan's selection of contents.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bob L
Los Gatos, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great selection and prices”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

So happy to find the wine shop. Also no corkage at Red Salt if you buy here as the owner used to be the bar manager at Ko'kea.

Visited December 2012