“Pure Deli Heaven”

Koloa Deli
Ranked #16 of 45 Restaurants in Koloa
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stopped here with a co-worker from Honolulu. She said it was better than most NY delis, and she's a New Yorker. The small town is a must visit, and the aroma from the Boar's Head meats just waffled through the parking lot as we walked toward the tiny deli. I had a ham, turkey, swiss in a classic roll. The roll was a fresh baked sub roll, delicious, brought back my growing up days from back east when sub rolls were baked fresh at local delis. The price was less than expected, about $9. I had a flight at midnight that evening so I bought a second one for the plane. They carefully wrapped it and I was in heaven at 35,000 feet at 3am having the most delicious sub that rivals the old world delis back east. You must visit this deli when on Kauai; just 12 miles from Lihue airport.

1  Thank dcjw700

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Koloa Deli was another high point of Koloa - this town is full of them. It's been many years, more like decades that I really enjoyed a sandwich, it's just not something I could get excited about. But the sandwiches at this deli changed that opinion - the smell of the bread and the taste of the sandwich brought back locked up memories that reminded me I did like sandwiches, many years ago when a quality sandwich like this was not so uncommon as it is now. My wife and I both enjoyed our meals immensely, and I would gladly eat lunch from here everyday.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

i live on the island not too far away and i go here as often as i can since the Boar's Head meats are fabulous and fresh. they cut them to order and i often buy a few lbs. of it for company at lunchtime, for myself for dinner, and any time i crave a great deli sandwich. still do not like the pale rolls but i buy my own elsewhere and make great sandwiches from the meats. the staff is accommodating and friendly. i hope lots of people go here and give them plenty of business because they deserve it. if there is no room to eat outside, bring your goodies to one of the nearby beaches and have a great picnic outside at a picnic table or in your car looking out at the gorgeous scenery, whales, turtles, and dolphins. does not get much better than that for lunch anywhere! NB: they close at 4 so if you want meats for dinner, go early in the afternoon.

1  Thank ELLEN L
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is just a small place in old Koloa town. They make their sandwiches fresh when ordered and they are tasty. I had the best egg salad that I've ever had. Great lunch spot that is always crowded with locals and tourists. Not enough seating outside...but standing and eating is worth the stop.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Just driving around and saw a place for ice cream... We always eat dessert before lunch on vacation! After dessert we walked around Koloa and saw this little deli. It was small and simple... But it was wicked good food!