“Fantastic Dive!”
Review of Fathom Five Divers

Fathom Five Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Fathom Five is located just minutes from the most spectacular South shore diving on Kauai. Ocean Quest Watersports operates just minutes from the North shore and our favorite Kauai SCUBA shore diving location, Tunnels Beach . Having these two locations allows us to dive virtually anywhere on Kauai. We pride ourselves on our PADI 5 Star IDC rating and our excellent, experienced, & fun-loving staff who will do their utmost to make your dives with us the highlight of your vacation! We now feature full PADI eLearning courses which help you get to the fun of diving while learning at the pace you want!
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Fathom Five not only led us on two great dives, but had excellent customer service. They arranged a drive for us to get from the shop to the harbour, which wasn't part of the package. Our dive master and boat captain were super friendly and approachable, with great knowledge about what we were seeing on our dives. The captain took us on a scenic route between dive sites, so we could appreciate some on- shore scenery too. Our dive master was great at judging when we needed to be near the mooring line, and let us go up as we got low on air, one at a time, so those who still had enough could stay below. Took us to two beautiful sites, with very distinctive coral formations. Highly recommend.

All reviews
in 42 reviews
"great job"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We wanted to dive on our trip to Kauai but had not dove since 2002. We signed up for two refresher shore dives at Koloa Landing with dive instructor Lacey. She was wonderful - she thoroughly reviewed equipment operation, hand signals, safety procedures, and answered all our questions while easing our anxiety. During the dives she paid close attention to us while pointing out eels, sea turtles, a devil scorpion fish and more! We were impressed with Lacey's knowledge and patience - she made our experience so positive. We definitely recommend Fathom Dive!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I just returned home from our trip to Kau'ai, where we dove with Fathom Five Divers, and I cannot say enough about what a positive experience we had! As a PADI divemaster myself, I had hoped that my husband could enroll in a PADI open water scuba class on our honeymoon. As it was our honeymoon, I was also hoping that we could dive together as much as possible. Sarah P, one of the managers at the shop, was incredibly helpful in emailing me and offering suggestions for how to schedule our week so that my husband could complete his certification and I could dive as much as possible. She outlined all of the options in a thoughtful and informative manner, and we arrived at a schedule that seemed to be the best fit for us. She was so helpful, and such a wonderful person to work with!

In addition to this, my husband's instructor, Dara G, was fantastic! My husband does not share my love of water, and she guided him through the skills in a way that allowed him to practice them even though he was quite nervous! She was incredibly informative, kind, fun to work with, and professional. Her dive instruction was superb, and she was kind enough to allow me to tag along on his open water dives (and kept it interesting for me!). She provided thorough briefings and instruction, and we had a great time with Brian and Charlie, the two boat captains, as well.

All of the staff at Fathom Five were fantastic, the equipment was new and in top condition, and they only take out 6 divers per boat dive, which is a real asset in terms of personal attention and safety. Cannot wait to dive with them again!

1  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We did four dives with this dive shop. All of the staff/instructors/dive masters, etc were so nice. The instructors gave thorough briefings before we did each dive as well educated us on the various types of fish and underwater topography. We did two shore dives at Koloa Landing and did two tank boat dives. The instructors leading the dives were really accommodating for the various divers' experience. Being the more experienced divers, we felt that we were given plenty of bottom time even though some of the newer divers were taken back up by the dive master while the instructors stayed down with us. They had plenty of water, juices and snacks for the divers which is always appreciated.

I also had some minor gear malfunctions and they gave me a spare reg to use so I didn't have to miss out on the dive and then they serviced our equipment at the shop. We will be using this dive shop if/when we return to Kauai.

3  Thank Hannah N
See more reviews
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided last-minute to scuba dive on our vacation, and Fathom Five was able to accomodate us. Lucky for us! I told the manager, Siso, that I was dying to see sharks and he promised that Sarah P, our divemaster, would find some for us. She actually chose the site for our dive (Icebox) because it had the most recent shark sightings! Just as we hit the bottom at Icebox, I looked under a rock formation and there was a reef shark!! Siso promised, Sarah P delivered! We also got to see a turtle and pet an octopus! Overall wonderful experience!

Rented gear was clean and in great shape. The crew set everything up for us so that we could just relax and enjoy the ride. Our boat captain, Brian, was very pleasant and full of fun facts about the site and the island. All employees were very appreciative of the tips we left. We definitely recommend diving with Fathom Five!

1  Thank Elizabeth P