“Refreshing and Huge Portions”
Review of Uncle's Shave Ice

Uncle's Shave Ice
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Koloa
Cuisines: Fast Food, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
visalia
“Refreshing and Huge Portions”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The portions were large and there was a great array of flavors. The staff was not very friendly or engaging but you really come for the shave ice so I guess that doesn't matter.

Visited August 2014

Boulder
“Long wait but worth it!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Best shave ice I had on the island, and we had shave ice everyday! I got just ice with flavoring (no snow or ice cream or other fanciness) and it was so so good! The ice was nice and crunchy and even the melt at the bottom kept the flavors separate... That alone was amazing! My husband and I were both entranced... Haha!
Only reason I took off stars was because the wait was rather long. Only 2 people working on a hot weekend day! Worth it though :)

Los Angeles, California
“Portions are too big”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I ordered a small and it looked like an XL. I wasn't able to eat it fast enough so the ice melted quickly. I would say this wasn't the best shaved ice I've ever had, but it also wasn't the worst. I think a smaller portion would have soaked up more of the flavor to give it that refreshing treat taste.

Framingham,MA
“Go elsewhere!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The shaved ice was the worst we have had. Lacked flavor. We were the last customer of the night. Maybe the just wanted to close up?? Lapperts ice cream a few feet down further is a better bet for dessert.

Fayetteville, Georgia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stopped here on our way to the airport because we had heard about their shave snow, which is different from shave ice and is unique to Uncle's. It was very good. The shave ice was good Lso but the shave snow is where it's at

Visited July 2014