“yes to shave snow that is correct snow”
Review of Uncle's Shave Ice

Uncle's Shave Ice
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Koloa
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed June 21, 2014

So creamy and with haupia topping. A must have when in Poipu. Shave ice is very good and the regular is huge lots of flavors to choose from or you can order one of their special creations.

There are newer reviews for Uncle's Shave Ice

Reviewed June 20, 2014

If you want great shave ice, don't go to a fancy little mall area. This is just a tourist spot. We tried about 4 different shave ice places on the island, and this, by far, was the least authentic we found. The staff members were impatient and unhelpful during the decision making process. One of our orders turned out to be a basic snow cone... not the shave ice that we were expecting. I wouldn't recommend this place, and I will definitely not be back. There are so many other authentic places on the island to try!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I'd never had shave ice, so I asked the lovely girl working at Uncle's what HER favorite thing was. She said she really liked the shave snow, which is where they mix the flavoring and sugar with milk, then freeze it, then shave that. It was fluffy and delicious! I had the piña colada flavor, my husband had dreamsicle, and my daughter had birthday cake flavored shave snow. We all shared and I'd have to say my favorite was the dreamsicle. It was the perfect treat after a long day of sight seeing and swimming. The staff was friendly and there were tables and benches right outside of the restaurant to enjoy our dessert.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

So this was our 4th try at shave ice - we had already struck out at 3 other locations on the island with crunchy, icy, melted shave ice & were about to give up the dream of finding decent shave ice on the island. Nothing like Maui's Ululani's shave ice on Kauai. Then we found Uncle's. Truly the best on the island & don't forget to try the shave snow as my family thought that the snow was even better than the shave ice. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I had heard great things about this place before visiting Kauai...they were right. The snow and chocolate caramel apple were fantastic.