“My daughter's favorite stop.”
Review of Uncle's Shave Ice

Uncle's Shave Ice
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Koloa
Cuisines: Hawaiian
portland or.
“My daughter's favorite stop.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I think my title says it all.After shopping,ziplining,touring the Na Pali coast,flying through the canyon,or feasting at a great place like Dolphins or Josslin's tapas bar,my teenage daughter thought the day was complete as she exited Uncle's with a small(really big) cup of shaved ice.Anything that she likes that well is in a class of it's own.

Visited June 2013

Iowa
“Shave snow is genius, Uncle!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

So I guess the Kukui'ula (I mistakenly put ulani on my Bubba's review. Sorry) Shopping Center is considered Koloa? Weird.

Anyway, Uncle's is a great place to get Shave Ice. He wants to be the Matsumoto's of Kauai. We ate at Matsumoto's on Oahu and Uncle isn't quite there yet....as far as the shave ice goes, but his shave snow is genius! Wow. What a great idea!

Uncle mixes his own syrups for his shave ice. They're pretty good. I tried Horchata shave ice. Who knew? I love horchata. It was pretty good. A small shave ice here is generous. A large is outrageously huge. The shave snow only comes in one size and it's too much for one person to eat for sure.

This is a small place. Only two people working in it so it can be a wait, but it's never so slow as to deter your wait. Uncle seemed a little stressed out and over worked. The girls working there, however, were very personable and kind.

He does have a punch card that if you fill it you get a free food item. We didn't fill one in our visit, but I wonder if a free food item is only his frozen delights (like frozen banana) or if it includes the shave ice and shave snow? Something worth looking in to if you're going to be a regular at Uncle's!

• Visited June 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“So smooth”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I love how smooth the ice is! Almost like eating flavored snow! Does not get much better than that! There is so much to do in the shopping center. I recommend hitting them up!

Visited May 2013
Texas
“Ate there almost every night”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My daughter and I love shave ice. We came back to Uncle's time and time again during our stay on Kauai. Great tropical flavors!

Visited June 2013
Yorba Linda, California
“great shave snow”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Yes, try their very refreshing shaved snow. - made with frozen milk -creamsicle was amazing! Pina Colada was great, too. Rootbeer float wasn't as flavorful. Huge portions, so easy to share. I like that the shave snow is not as super sweet as some shave ice flavors. Very patient, friendly servers.

• Visited June 2013