“Fish Tacos”
Review of Chalupa's

Chalupa's
Ranked #18 of 47 Restaurants in Koloa
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: SpecialtiesSpecialties includeFish and Shrimp tacosMouth watering Barbacoa and CarnitasFlavorful meat and vegetarian burritosTortasChalupasQuesedillasDaily specials like Shrimp Diabla, homemade tortillas and more Located on Weliweli Road behind Old Koloa Town. Look for the red, white, and green Chalupa's Truck.HistoryEstablished in 2011ALOHA and Bien VenidosCome to Old Koloa Town for sabrosa (tasty), authentic take out Mexican Food. We're just a stroll away from the shops of historic Old Koloa Town and about 2 miles inland from the tropical and beautiful beaches of Po'ipu.My name is Miguel and I am from Veracuz, Mexico where we have a passion for fresh meats and vegetables, flavorful spices, and hot peppers! I grew up working on my family's ranch and learned how to cook and prepare foods from my mom and abuela (grandmother). Take-out (call in or walk up) or relax in our small outdoor patio setting with limited seating (for now). An island style casual family friendly atmosphere that is fast, fresh, tasty, and also easy on the budget. We also provide catering for your special event -small or large. My goal is to satisfy your hunger while making your taste buds dance with healthy Mexican foods that you'll savor our food and want come back for more.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We were looking for a quick lunch option in Koloa and saw Chalupa's Food Truck. Fresh and awesome! My husband and I both had the fish tacos and our daughter had an excellent burrito.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Excellent food truck food. Really enjoyed it after our Koloa Zipline trip. Was a bit expensive, but so is everything in Hawaii. Unfortunately no margaritas

1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Right after our Koloa zip line adventure, there fish tacos really hit the spot. Seems like a popular place too, even for people not zip lining or doing an ATV tour. If I were staying at one of the Poipu resorts, I would be up at this place every day, saving money in the process. Thanks guys

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Recommended by some locals and decided to try it after ziplining. Some of the best fish tacos I have ever eaten! Liked it so much, we ate there again the next day for lunch.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stopped by for some fish tacos and were not disappointed! They were tasty and the fish was very fresh. Seating was limited to a few picnic tables under cover. The seating area is shared by another adjacent food truck, too. We enjoyed our lunch and would order the same thing again. The food truck can be found behind the stores in Old Koloa Town.