“Excellent Fish Tacos”
Review of Chalupa's

Chalupa's
Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Koloa
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: SpecialtiesSpecialties includeFish and Shrimp tacosMouth watering Barbacoa and CarnitasFlavorful meat and vegetarian burritosTortasChalupasQuesedillasDaily specials like Shrimp Diabla, homemade tortillas and more Located on Weliweli Road behind Old Koloa Town. Look for the red, white, and green Chalupa's Truck.HistoryEstablished in 2011ALOHA and Bien VenidosCome to Old Koloa Town for sabrosa (tasty), authentic take out Mexican Food. We're just a stroll away from the shops of historic Old Koloa Town and about 2 miles inland from the tropical and beautiful beaches of Po'ipu.My name is Miguel and I am from Veracuz, Mexico where we have a passion for fresh meats and vegetables, flavorful spices, and hot peppers! I grew up working on my family's ranch and learned how to cook and prepare foods from my mom and abuela (grandmother). Take-out (call in or walk up) or relax in our small outdoor patio setting with limited seating (for now). An island style casual family friendly atmosphere that is fast, fresh, tasty, and also easy on the budget. We also provide catering for your special event -small or large. My goal is to satisfy your hunger while making your taste buds dance with healthy Mexican foods that you'll savor our food and want come back for more.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Recommended by some locals and decided to try it after ziplining. Some of the best fish tacos I have ever eaten! Liked it so much, we ate there again the next day for lunch.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stopped by for some fish tacos and were not disappointed! They were tasty and the fish was very fresh. Seating was limited to a few picnic tables under cover. The seating area is shared by another adjacent food truck, too. We enjoyed our lunch and would order the same thing again. The food truck can be found behind the stores in Old Koloa Town.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Awesome Mexican food, you can't go wrong with stopping at Chalupa's, we always have multiple meals here - love it! My faves are the fish tacos & beef burrito!

1  Thank Denise W
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was lunch after I got back from ziplining - it's right outside the building where you check in. My husband had the fish taco, which he quickly proclaimed the best one he has ever had and could easily have eaten another if he had room to do so. I had the chicken quesadilla, and thought it was fantastic too. I can't wait to make another trip to Kauai just so I can stop at this food truck again!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

You don't get what you expect from a Mexican food truck. Flavorless and expensive. Plus the short guy is very angry and rude. I overheard him snapping at one of his customers as I tried to eat the most bland and boring tacos I have ever had. Go to Da Crack for good service and real Mexican food.

1  Thank luckylucky7