“Number 2 in Koloa? Really??”
Review of Chalupa's

Chalupa's
Ranked #18 of 49 Restaurants in Koloa
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: SpecialtiesSpecialties includeFish and Shrimp tacosMouth watering Barbacoa and CarnitasFlavorful meat and vegetarian burritosTortasChalupasQuesedillasDaily specials like Shrimp Diabla, homemade tortillas and more Located on Weliweli Road behind Old Koloa Town. Look for the red, white, and green Chalupa's Truck.HistoryEstablished in 2011ALOHA and Bien VenidosCome to Old Koloa Town for sabrosa (tasty), authentic take out Mexican Food. We're just a stroll away from the shops of historic Old Koloa Town and about 2 miles inland from the tropical and beautiful beaches of Po'ipu.My name is Miguel and I am from Veracuz, Mexico where we have a passion for fresh meats and vegetables, flavorful spices, and hot peppers! I grew up working on my family's ranch and learned how to cook and prepare foods from my mom and abuela (grandmother). Take-out (call in or walk up) or relax in our small outdoor patio setting with limited seating (for now). An island style casual family friendly atmosphere that is fast, fresh, tasty, and also easy on the budget. We also provide catering for your special event -small or large. My goal is to satisfy your hunger while making your taste buds dance with healthy Mexican foods that you'll savor our food and want come back for more.
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Hate to burst the Chalupa bubble here on TA, but we did not think Chalupa's was remarkable. Perhaps we are spoiled by the great Mexican places in San Diego, but I think I've had better Mexican fast food in Minneapolis. We had fish tacos, shrimp tacos and the "super burrito" with barbacoa.
The burrito had next to no meat. The tacos were better, but for close to $10 for two tacos I would hoping for a little more. Yes, I know it's Hawaii and, "things are more expensive here", but the chips (no salsa, that's extra) are from Costco. The tortillas had a strange flavor and tasted stale. Go at your own risk and check out Yelp for more realistic reviews.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Don't want to say much, Just the best place to eat authentic Mexican food.
The enchiladas are to die for.. Great sauce.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

This place really wow-ed me because its a truck so you would expect something more like "off the street" but no, this tasted like fresh authentic Mexican food. Its more like a restaurant in a truck!!. I had a beef quesadilla and man was it good.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Had chicken and fish tacos and they were great. Don't be fooled by the small truck and location, food was awesome. Even the side of beans and rice was great. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Great mexican food, we go there once a week, shrimp and fish tacos are our favorite. Miguel, the owner/cook, is from Mexico and was trained by his grandma on how to make mexican food. Gracias Miguel!

1  Thank locaxviajar