Review Highlights
Great experience and friendly staff

Reviewed July 18, 2017
Tara S
Hatfield, Massachusetts
Scuba with turtles

Reviewed May 23, 2017
Donald A
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I have to start with the fact that Scuba Steve bent over backwards to accommodate our group-- we had two families, of two and then four people, and we accidentally booked on different days-- he went out of his way to line up an extra instructor to allow us all to go together on a new day even though the dives were officially sold out. Very hands-on, responsive and so so nice.
We (three adults and three teens) did the non-certified dive-- only one of us had dived before. When we got there, Ryan was the instructor-- he was great, very personable and made us all feel welcome and comfortable. After an hour of instruction on land we went out to practice our skills-- I actually wasn't able to hack it (panic attack with the regulator) and had to return to shore. He was really great about not making me feel like a failure about it :-). The rest of the group completed the two dives and had a great time-- saw lots of fish etc.
The Scuba Shack is a truck on the boat launch in Koloa Landing-- there are no frills here. But don't let that concern you. This is a very capable outlet and even though I had to bug out on the dive, everyone had a great time and learned a lot.
One issue I had: There is zero shade. For the hour-long shore instruction we were all melting in the sun. A tarp or pop-up tent or something would be a really good addition.

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank Tara S
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

Great 2 tank dive. Easy dive with slow descent and assents. I videoed the dive and and had plenty of fish and reefs. The turtles came right up to me.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Donald A
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

My family is on vacation. I am certified with very very little dives under my belt. My dad is not certified. Scuba Steve's was perfect for a refresher course/intro adventure dive. I was able to pick up my skills as easily as riding a bike and Scuba Steve was patient and clear when giving direction/instruction to my father. The dive site was perfect. We were able to see turtles and multiple types of fish. It was such a great trip! #teampink

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

I had a great dive experience! There was attention to detail, safety, and many sea creatures. I think we saw 4 sea turtles and Steve was knowledgeable about the various fish and invertebrates in the ocean.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed January 14, 2017

I am a newly certified diver and was excited to do my first big open-water dive. Steve did a great job providing high-quality gear and preparation. Don't let his large sense of humor make you think that he takes diving and safety casually -- he doesn't. He set a good dive plan and once everything was in place, the dive couldn't have been better. He prepared us for everything that we could expect, which made it easier to enjoy being underwater. During the dive, he pointed out lots of sea creatures and was a good resource. My only regret was not being able to dive with him a second time before I had to leave. I'll definitely dive with Steve again when I return to Kauau. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: January 2017