“Excellent experience!”

Scuba Steve's Scuba Shack
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I booked a beginner scuba intro course with Scuba Steve. Steve was great. He's full of corny jokes, but don't be mislead by his schtick. He really knows what he is doing and he takes scuba....and especially scuba safety....very seriously. I knew that I was in very good hands when I dove with Scuba Steve. It was very fun. NOTE: Make sure that you read the medical questionnaire carefully BEFORE you show up for your dive. YOU MUST obtain a medical release from your doctor if you are taking any prescription drugs (except birth control). No medical release = no diving. It's an insurance and safety issue.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I did not think I would have a chance to dive in Kauai but was lucky to have it work out. I called Scuba Steve and was able to do a shore dive with him. It was just the two of us and was great. Steve told me a lot about the history of the dive site and the dive briefing was good to let me know what to expect. The dives were great, lots of fish, turtles, eels and other fauna to see. One of the highlights was hearing the whales off in the distance. I am a fairly new diver and Steve was appropriately patient. He has a well supplied dive truck and his rental equipment was in excellent shape. The site was easy entry and visibility was great. I cannot imagine a better dive experience!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Diving with Scuba Steve was a tremendous pleasure.
My wife and I had scheduled several dives on our visit to Kauai!
However, the weather was not cooperating on either side of the trip.. we got delayed 2 days by the winter storm PAX... then upon arrival to Kauai local storms and flash floods were occurring our first 2 days on the island. Scuba Steve was fantastic adjusting schedules and keeping us posted on the conditions. Needless to say the diving portion of the trip was abbreviated, BUT Steve went out of his way to accommodate us and I got in the Hawaiian Turtle Observer Specialty. (will finish the specialties on the next trip!!!!) VERY accommodating, professional, and Humorous - cannot get a better combination. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our excellent experience with Scuba Steve began with our first phone call. He is a super nice guy and is super passionate about diving. This was our daughter's first open water dive after getting certified and we wanted to make sure it would be a good experience. We could not have asked for better. It was just Steve and the three of us. His safety briefing was excellent so we all felt comfortable. He also prepared us for the kind of critters we would see. Our shore dives exceeded our expectations as we encountered tons of turtles, huma-humas, frog fish, trumpets, cleaning stations, all kinds of stars, wreck remnants, and even the sweet voices of humpback whales off in the distance. We highly recommend Scuba Steve for his personalized service, high regard for safety, excellent guide skills and NO rushing...just BIG fun!!!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I took our second ever scuba dive with Scuba Steve on our trip to Kauai. Steve was very thorough in his safety and instructions, and we went on two shore dives that morning. Both dives were great! We saw several urchins, sea stars, and of course fish. The highlights were hearing the humpbacks singing out of view, and swimming alongside a sea turtle (keeping respectful distance, of course). A fantastic morning!