“Worth every penny!”
Review of Z Tourz

Z Tourz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The BEST South Shore Kauai SNORKEL and WHALE WATCHING TOURS! While on Kauai, take your family on an exciting snorkeling adventure and experience all the Garden Isle has to offer. We visit two snorkel sites per tour, giving you maximum time in the water and better chance to encounter Dolphins, Turtles and exotic fish and during the season, Humpback Whales.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had an amazing experience! We went with Captain Shawn and Derek and they were both fantastic. My 70 year old mom who is normally a little afraid of deep water loved it. My 8 year old twin nieces had a great time too. My 12 year old daughter had the time of her life. We saw 3 whales and pups during the boat rides. We snorkeled with sea turtles and all kinds of fish and even saw an octopus that Derek attempted to catch. Shawn pointed out many neat places to go along the shore line and was full of interesting info about the island. They served a lunch at the end and we all had a great time. I highly recommend this. It was all very well organized - we were a little late getting there and had a phone call checking to see if we were on the way. The guys were all very professional, fun and personable.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We booked a tour to see turtles and reef fishes off the south coast of Kauai and were also treated to the sight of numerous spinner dolphins bobbing about round our boat! The guide, Greg, and boat captain Capt Ben were really fun to spend time with and as Greg was a former navy diver and scuba diver we felt in very safe hands. The RIB is quite a bouncy ride so not so good for queasy stomachs but so exhilarating to be flying through the water with the sun on our faces. We saw lots of beautiful sea turtles really close and some pretty reef fish -- moorish idols, yellow tangs, a parrotfish or two and also the hawaiian state fish the humuhumunukunukuo'puoa (aka reef trigger fish :) Would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I have never snorkeld before today. We booked a "from the beach" snorkeling experience and were lucky enough to have Derrick and Liz (aka LAL -you will have to have her explain her nickname) as instructors. We are older and it was so nice to be with young people that were trained, competent, and didn't treat us like we were a danger to ourselves and others. They gave us the basics and while keeping an eye on us, let us go to learn what they taught us. The office manager, Lisa, went to a lot of trouble to book our trip through our resort so a big thank you to her. Great experience, would recommend them highly.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This tour was spectacular. Soooooooo many sea turtles. We were able to swim with the turtles, take plenty of pictures, and even touch a few of them. My husband and I did the South Shore tour with Cody and Aaron who were entertaining, friendly, and knowledgeable. The tour was small and very personal. Highlight of our trip.

1  Thank DG12181
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My 11 year old son and I went on the 2 1/2 hour snorkel tour in late August 2013. We both had a great time. We had been on a big-boat style snorkel tour a few years ago but this doesn't compare. It felt more like a day out on the water with friends than being herded on and off a giant boat owned by a faceless company.

There were five other people on our tour so there was plenty of room on the raft to enjoy the trip out and back.

The employees were very friendly and laid-back but were also serious about explaining safety and "etiquette" toward the sea-life.

They took us to some lava tubes that many many many turtles were in. We would just float around waiting for turtles to come out of the tubes up to the surface and then return down to the caves. Such a neat experience watching this happen dozens of times. Probably three or four turtles near the surface at all times.

After the second snorkel stop we motored over to a nice beach to see some scenery and got a great look at the spouting horn from the water.

Finally we docked and had some sandwiches and soda.

My son said it was his favorite thing we did during our week long vacation. When I'm back in Kauai I will definitely be back to Z Tourz.

1  Thank Paul R

Been to Z Tourz? Share your experiences!