“Wonderful retreat”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

BJansen_1...
Hayward, California
“Wonderful retreat”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

We love Kauai, and usually stay on the North Shore, but I was running the 2013 Kauai Marathon and wanted to stay on the South Shore to be close to the event. Luckily, the Parrish Collection was sponsoring the event and offering a discount to participants. Room 522 was wonderful stocked (they even had a waffle maker!) and the Waikomo Stream Villas grounds were gorgeous. Waikomo Stream Villas was with walking distance from beaches and shopping and a short drive to other South Shore attractions, like Spouting Horn and botanical gardens. Best of all, is was perfectly situated between the start and finish lines of the race. My husband was able to see me off, go back and rest, walk to the halfway marker to wish me well, go back and rest some more, and to greet me at the finish. I highly recommend Waikomo Stream Villas to anyone participating in the marathon.

The only drawbacks: No ocean views, but the landscaping is so well done, you feel that your in a rainforest in the middle of this little town. My husband, who is a really light sleeper, said that noises at night—cars driving, loud crashing, and other "city" noises—occasionally heard. Room 522's bedroom is in the back, on the edge of the complex, and we noticed the front of the suite was not only quieter, but you got the lovely sounds of the streams that run through the complex.

I recommend staying in either the 100s, 400s, or 500s buildings. The 200s overlook another set of condos that are under construction. The 300s overlook housing—but you might get a bit of ocean, if that's more important to you. The 100s have parking in the front and the lanais face into the complex; these bedrooms would feature the wonderful sounds of the streams—assuming the bedroom was in the back. The 400s and 500s back faces a wall of trees that make you forget you in a small town, but look for a suite that has the bedroom towards the front of the unit. Usually I shy away these types due to privacy issues, but the way the condos are set up, no one can walk by these rooms.

I can't stress how much we enjoyed our stay in Poipu—mostly due to the location and beauty of the Waikomo Stream Villas. I only mention these small flaws to help everyone get the most out of their vacation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location—Accessibility to shopping and local attractions
Liked least: Location—Could get noisy at night
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
sausalito

Reviewed April 6, 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Traveling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing