“Great Cuisine”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Poipu Rd.
Description: Chef Jean Marie Josselin has created another masterpiece with this new and unique tapas restaurant. Imagine dining in a rustic, yet contemporary, style dining room with an open view of the kitchen where the wood-burning oven cooks fresh, local produce, fish and meat to perfection. Share several different tapas and taste incredible culinary creations. Enjoy refreshing signature sangrias served tableside like you have never had it before. This chic new hotspot on Kauai"s south shore will have you coming back time and time again, making each experience a memorable one. "The Whole Process is About Sharing."
Redmond, WA
“Great Cuisine”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We ate here 2/4/2014. I'm baffled by the negative reviews. The portion sizes were perfect and for the 2 of us, we ordered 4 dishes. Seasoning of the dishes was just right. Service was attentive but not overbearing. And FINALLY I had one of the best Margaritas I've had in a long, long time. We ordered: roasted feta salad; steamed buns; lamb meatballs; pork belly. Perfect tastes and we walked away very satisfied. Being able to walk to/from the restaurant from our rented Poipu condo was an added benefit.

• Visited February 2014

Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Innovative dining choices”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We were invited her by a family member and enjoyed it so much we came back a week later.
The format is similar to tapas, ordering several small dishes and sharing, however the dishes are more Pacific fusion than Spanish. It is hard to figure out which dishes to order because descriptions are somewhat confusing and there is no way of guessing portion sizes, however servers are very helpful in explaining and recommending.
Service and staff are both professional and they work well as a team.
We enjoyed several courses on our first visit and repeated most on our second visit, adding a couple of new ones. From Deconstructed Ahi Roll to wood oven roasted Pork Belly and all the dishes in between, each was artfully presented and delicious. Beet ravioli was a unique salad. Crispy octopus was another favorite .
Their Sangria Cart is an attractive and refreshing way to serve unique drinks.
Despite seemingly steep prices for each course, our total tab was reasonable because the format allowed us to share all plates. It was a fun dining experience, and an adventure in enjoying tasty, attractive and innovating cuisine.
We had our two year old grandchild along one evening and the staff was accommodating and helpful in making us comfortable but in general terms I wouldn't recommend this for families with kids.
The acoustics need improvement and this got to be more noticeable later in our visit when the restaurant was filled to capacity.
We managed to walk in without a reservation and were seated in a nice private booth right away, at 6:00 PM, but an hour later there was a line waiting to be seated. Recommend making advance reservations.
This is one of the top high end restaurants in Poipu/Koloa.

Visited February 2014
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Mixed review”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

About 20 years ago, my mother in law drove off a cliff in my Aston Martin. To me, that was always the definition of 'mixed emotions'. Dining at Josselins made me remember that day 20 years ago. We came here out of respect for the chef at 'A Pacific Cafe' and the food was pretty good, but everything else needed improvement. Surly hostess, pushy waiter, pushy sangria person, pervasive odor in the restaurant, etc....Also, I think they would do better, if they would cut the prices and portions in half. That way everyone could have a bite or two of many different dishes. Now most items are $15 and up, which I think triggers people's rip off warning light. The portions now are actually too big and too expensive. They might figure out a better business model and straighten this place out, so check back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Larry S
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Worst service I have ever had”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We learned that this restaurant, while recommended because of the food, is awful and we would never go back. If you paid me I would not go back. The service was awful. We were rushed to order our food. Ten minutes after we got there, they announced the bar and kitchen was closing (8:00pm--are you kidding me). The Tapas were like full meals. Some of the food was good but at the end I was concerned about being poisoned by the staff and I got sick later that evening. DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT. If you do, go at 5:30 pm and don't expect to be treated well.

• Visited January 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Sounds inventive but doesn't work ”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We heard great things about this tapas restaurant and went one night on our honeymoon. We were extremely disappointed by the food and service. Our total meal was about 45 minutes, mostly because after trying a few dishes, we didn't want to order any more. The food sounds inventive and creative but for the most part, the flavors did not work together and many things tasted like they were pre-prepared or frozen. The only high point of the evenings was the sangria bar.