“Pretty good burger!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Pretty good burger!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I really enjoyed and was glad that i stopped at the Hanelei bay location. I got my burger the signature bubba style with cheese and i also enjoyed a large pickle. Both were definitely in the top 10 burgers I've had, although the one piece of advice was they went very heavy on the sauce so if you don't like too much sauce on your burger you might want to speak up.

Visited February 2013

“Go to Hanalei Bay location”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband had the most amazing banana shake at the Hanalei Bay location and I promised myself I'd get one for me when we got to Poipu. Well unfortunately the shake tasted like a McDonald's vanilla milkshake and when I inquired, she told me they use a syrup and not real bananas like in Hanalei Bay. I advise you hit that one. It's well worth the drive and all the delicious calories. I only wish I would have ordered one for myself then.

United States
“Slow walk-up counter service and a decent 'nothing-you-haven't-tried-before' burger.”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Bubba's is one of those places you've read about in the guide books that you 'must try'! We found it to be nothing 'out of the ordinary', however it was a decent burger and offered 'cheap eats' in the high-end resort town of Poipu.

Waiting in line to place the order at the walk-up counter was PAINFULLY slow. The small restaurant offered some indoor booths and minimal outdoor seating. TVs graced the wall and the stereo screamed awful country music. There was, however a nice view out the window at sunset.

The burgers were good, but nothing different than what you've tried elsewhere in 'upscale burger restaurants' (ie. not fast food like Micky D's), so don't get sucked in by the hype. I would highly recommend they hire more staff to cope with the long lines. We found Kauai in general had extremely slow service at walk-up counter style establishments like Bubbas, Starbucks, hot-dog places, etc.

The restaurant is in a high-end outdoor strip mall in Poipu which made for a nice place to wander around afterwards and get dessert at an ice-cream store!

• Visited January 2013
Jacksonville, FL
“Great burgers for lunch”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had burgers one day after the beach. They were really good just as thy make them with no changes.

Visited January 2013
Rockwall, Texas, United States
“Good Red meat”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Was very impressed with the burgers that they served and also good country atmosphere. Service was quick and friendly.

Visited January 2013