“Nice location, nice building, but only average food”
Review of Bubba Burgers

Bubba Burgers
Ranked #17 of 50 Restaurants in Koloa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Got a tip from some others to try Bubba's but trying to order was pretty slow, the person taking our order was pressuring us to get burgers a certain way, and unfortunately, the quality of the food was just average. We tried the Bubba burger, teriyaki burger, Kauai burger (teriyaki, lettuce, tomato, grilled pineapple), chili dog, and a couple of their other specials. We did take out and they left out part of our order which was a real negative. While the description about their local resourcing ("100% Kauai beef") and location and building were attractive, I've give their food quality and service about a C grade.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The hamburgers were not very special. I have had better and worse. I would say they remind me of "5 guys".

When we went in June, the employees were pretty rude and I likely will not go back because of this. I think I would rather go to McDonald's.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I'd read all the raves about Bubba's Burgers being the best burgers on Kauai - not true! A plain burger from McDonalds would have been far better and for half the price. My burger was luke warm served on a cold bun with limp, soggy fries. A totally disgusting experience. There are great hamburgers on Kauai but you won't find them at Bubba's. The staff was pleasant but not really friendly as they were busy chatting amongst themselves - in other words they appeared bored. I can see why, eat here once and you won't go back so I doubt the place is very often busy.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

A simple burger joint with a strong following. They are great but a little greasy. You may want to share one.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We picked up Bubba burgers when we were too tired to go out for dinner. Good burgers, quick service and excellent milkshakes. Also, cheap!!

Been to Bubba Burgers? Share your experiences!