“Great setting, good service, good food”
Review of Keoki's Paradise

Keoki's Paradise
Ranked #1 of 1 Nightlife in Koloa
Reviewed July 17, 2013

There isn't much to dislike about this restaurant, except that it's desserts are too large and too sweet. It is an open air setting in a palm garden, which is relaxing. It has valet parking, which can be useful in a shopping center that puts a premium on parking. The menu is varied and fresh, and its prices are reasonable. It's family friendly and though reservations are recommended they can work you in rather quickly.

All reviews
"keiko"
in 3 reviews
"oredered"

Reviewed June 6, 2013

What can I say? Keoki's Paradise, for all the maligning it gets for being too kitschy, is consistently our best meal when we visit Kauai. Personally, we love the over-the-top tropical atmosphere. Inside the place is an oasis, complete with various levels, water features, tons of tropical plants/trees and tiki torches. We always save this place for dinner as opposed to lunch.

Back in the day, Keoki's didn't allow reservations so it's nice to see that they finally caved and are now accepting them. It could be tricky arriving at just the right time without getting stuck behind the crowd. And though it's quite big inside, the place most definitely fills up.

Personally, I never order anything but the fish here. It's fresh and deliciously prepared every time. There are generally three choices in fish and three different ways to prepare it. You can either mix and match but the server will most likely tell you what the best pairing is for each particular fish. I chose the moonfish - macadamia nut encrusted with a lemon/butter sauce. As usual, it was delicious. My husband opted for the steak, which honestly, was more flavorful and lean than the one he had at the Beach House! We began with the calamari, which is served in thick strips that are deliciously tender and not rubbery at all. Sorry, no room for dessert! Less expensive than some other meals we splurged on, it turned out to be our best.

We were there on a Friday evening and they provided live music at the bar. It's pretty faint by the time it reaches the dining area so if you're interested in listening, my suggestion would be to move to a table in the bar area after dinner. Or just go for drinks and enjoy the music. You can also order food at the bar, which tends to be cheaper than if you are seated in the dining area.

This place is too much fun to pass up. Trust me, if you do, you'll regret it:)

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Keoki’s Paradise looked like a fun place to eat and based on prior research, the menu prices weren’t too outrageous. We were very happy with our decision to go there! We got to choose our seats on the open-air patio right by a little pond surrounded by tropical plants. We started out with a frozen mai tai and a lava flow for pre-lunch cocktails. I had a hankering for the fish and chips and my husband ordered two BBQ pork sliders and a crab cake slider. We were both pleased with our lunch selections.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

It was a nice enough restaurant, the food was okay, it just wasn't my favorite place. The service was a bit slow, and everyone that worked there looked sort of miserable. Maybe we just caught everyone on a bad day...