I just read the response of the owner/manager to a trip advisor review left by another member of our party regarding the Hale Pohaku "Beachside Resort". The review was entirely accurate. We did experience problems with the gas that left us without the use of the stove and the hot water heaters for 24 hrs during our stay, the beach equipment was non existent or in disrepair. The lawnchairs were flimsy and/or broken and there were many things that we not clean about the place, including the garbage bags in bins on the front lawn. . The managers response was inaccurate and even slightly delusional. If you stay here and have problems, you may find it difficult to get any kind of timely resolution. It is a shame too because some effective cleaning and a change of attitude from the management could really turn this place around. The location is perfect just half a block from the beach. Like most people, you may only get to enjoy the beautiful island of Kauai once in your life. Don't let your accommodations bring you down. Buyer beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hale Pohaku is a half acre compound of four beach cottages, only a one minute walk from the ocean at Poipu Beach, Kauai. The houses can be rented individually or all together, and we welcome family reunions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Hale Pohaku Beachside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Pohaku Beachside Hotel Koloa
- Hale Pohaku Beachside Resort Koloa, Kauai